PDA

View Full Version : 400ex bearing carrier question

dodgeram14jr
07-21-2015, 05:21 PM
I am currently replacing the bearings in the carrier and when I got it all apart the carrier was messed up. So I found a used stock carrier which looks basically new and it needs bearings for $40 and I already have the bearings for it. Or I found a few double row bearing carriers on ebay for $85.99 shipped. I'm not sure which way is the better way to go. I'm just concerned about the ones on ebay because I don't know much about them. Anyone else buy one from eBay and have good results? Any suggestions are welcome as I'm not sure which way I wanna go. Also i ride alot of practice on mx tracks and do harescrambles. Thanks Dean

ride red 14
07-21-2015, 06:21 PM
I run the ebay carrier on my 450er. The carrier is good but the bearings are from china. I ran them until they went out and put good bearings in then. I've been using the carrier for 4 seasons now. I replace the bearings about once a year.

dodgeram14jr
07-21-2015, 07:11 PM
Ok thanks for the reply. I got all balls bearings for the stock carrier maybe I will go that direction for now since the eBay carriers have cheap bearings.