PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber" Clutch?

400exrider36
07-19-2015, 07:27 AM
Hello everyone,

It has been awhile since ive been on this site so hopefully i dont get $ht for possibly doing a re-post without doing a search first like before, lol anyway after looking into different material clutches it almost seems like the weaker cork/stock style clutches are better because "less slip, less wear" yet kevlar is "longer wear, probably more slip". i also looked into the so called "carbon fiber" clutches which are supposed to be close to kevlar but with a higher heat tolerance, which since its a 400ex, heat is something to be expected. Anyway i got the ebc "carbon fiber" clutch and threw it in and it seems strong. now that you have read all this my only question is was that a good choice? anyone else using these clutches?

KKiowaTJ
07-19-2015, 09:38 AM
If it's the ebc drc-f kit, I have the full kit and HD springs in mine. Kevlar will flake apart so that's why I skipped over it. Stock is 'ok' but left marks on the friction plates causing slipping. With the drc-f kit, only thing I did not like is having to wear them in/burn them a bit to find neutral. After that had no problems and never slips imo. Time will tell if it's as good as oem frictions.