PDA

View Full Version : DUI while riding?

Fernando
06-24-2015, 11:26 PM
Anyone ever got busted? I don't drink and drive, but what if you had only one beer.

slightlybent47
06-25-2015, 12:37 AM
Anyone ever got busted? I don't drink and drive, but what if you had only one beer.

First thing is to never drink and drive anything with a motor on it.
If you do, be prepared to pay a price if you get caught.
If you get caught, keep your mouth shut.
Don't say a word, except that you want "your'' lawyer.
Do not trust a cop that promises you anything.
Cops will lie in order to get you to talk.
Don't fall for it. Keep your mouth shut.

Did you get popped?

SpasticR450
06-30-2015, 03:32 PM
to be just over the limit an average person would have to drink 4 beers in one hour. If you refuse the test even if not drunk you will get an owi under suspicion no proof needed. In my state being sober and using your right to refuse the tests = a harsher punishment than a first owi when refusing is not even breaking the law in my state.

SpasticR450
06-30-2015, 03:38 PM
For $50 you can buy your own breathalyzer to make sure your under the limit.

Also if caught and given the choice choose breath test. Blood test is always a few points higher than breath.

matt14c
06-30-2015, 03:47 PM
Not for one beer unless under age. But you can get a DUI/OWI on anything. Bicycle, Lawnmower, Moped, Quad.... whatever. Same as stated above don't refuse. My state also you get a one year license suspension no matter if intoxicated or impaired or not and they usually take for blood sample so may end up with the OWI offense anyway. Better off taking the breathalyzer test. Here anyways you can refuse the field sobriety test not the breathalyzer. Which if you trip over your own feet but have only had one or two drinks it may benefit you to refuse that. Know your laws and your rights.