PDA

View Full Version : Does any one raise chickens?

bigbadbrad
03-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Well does any one raise chickens?
I am thinking about doing this. I am only going to get 2 for now though because in my biology class we are hacting some chicks and we can keep some so i am thinking 2 maybe a little more. I just want to try it out for now to see if i want to do it next year with some more. my dad used to have some of hs farm when he was young so he knows what to do to them. so if you od what are the good parts and the bad parts of it?

FourFiftyFour
03-24-2003, 09:39 AM
my neighbors raise them.. they arent that hard to take care of.. make sure they have a coop for them to roost and lay eggs... they have an incubator and watch the chicks hatch or they can have their own eggs without buyin any.. the only thing is sometimes its hard to keep wild animals from killin some... so make sure you have a secure area for them

MSL
03-24-2003, 09:41 AM
The bad part is they chit everywhere

03-24-2003, 09:41 AM
I know of a few guys that choke em but don't know many that raise them..:eek:

AtvMxRider
03-24-2003, 09:42 AM
I've choked mine a few times but it keeps coming back.......:devil

insane250Racer
03-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I've choked mine a few times but it keeps coming back.......:devil

HAHAHA LMAO!! YEA MINE TOO LOL

but ne way yea i had 2 baby chicks before them suckers learn how to get out of the box i had them on i came back frm skool n there was chit EVERYWHERE I WAS LIKE U LITTLE SUCKERS!@

brokeitin3
03-24-2003, 10:03 AM
i know all about raising them chickens. game roosters are a big business around here. the most i ever got for my rooster was $750.00, but he was a real winning pecker.

Glow Plug
03-24-2003, 10:16 AM
we rase chickens, we do about 30 a year we did 60 like 3 years ago :eek2: and yes we do it all by hand all the plucking, cleaning etc, but this year i hope to get a bike of cash for em :D

jay's 300
03-24-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I know of a few guys that choke em but don't know many that raise them..:eek:

LMAO! Nice avatar Rico! My prayers go out to your dad and the rest of the troops fighting for us! :D

Rip_Tear
03-24-2003, 11:40 AM
Lol @ Rico! My mom raises Laying Chickens all year (egg layers) You can make some easy money if you get enough chickens to sell the eggs :D Any some times we raise meat chickens (the ones you eat) you can make money off them but you need to let the eat grass and other stuff so you aren't spending all your $$ on feed :D The diff between layers and meat, is layers are smaller, and meat chickens dont lay many eggs, if any (it takes a longer time for meat chickens to lay eggs)

Good luck, if you have any Questions just PM me :D