PDA

View Full Version : How much longer for a chat room??

Dan_Guetter
03-24-2003, 09:18 AM
sorry im getting impatient:o

it will be the best thing to happen on this site!!!!!

QuadJunkies
03-24-2003, 09:52 AM
I agree...would be very good to have one again...:blah

Razorback
03-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Chat rooms are good/fun, but the problem is that some people can't control themselves, so they would have to be moderated quite heavily. A few people can spoil the fun for everyone. I'm definitely not speaking for Ben, but if he doesn't think it's a good idea, I hope everyone understands.

Another consideration is that some chat rooms are free, but the type of chat that we would need on this site would cost money, because of 1) administrative capabilities and 2) integration with the security on this site, so anyone in the chat could be identified and be banned from the chat and/or site if they cause problems.

Ben has already spent a ton of money on this site, and has gotten help from many people on here, but I doubt it's enough to justify more money spent without good reason. Take the t-shirts for example (only an example). When the idea was thrown out a couple of months ago, people were really onboard with the idea and sent in designs for the shirt in the contest. When the time came for people to actually buy the shirts, it's been like pulling teeth to get any of them sold. Before the price was lowered to a ridiculous $5, there was still 2/3rds of the original number of shirts that had not been purchased.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everything goes back to the t-shirts, I'm just using them as an example. The extreme majority of the people who visit this site have no idea the work and money that takes place behind the scenese, so I just hope you understand when some of the decisions are made. Ben cares about this site more than most of you can imagine.

AtvMxRider
03-24-2003, 10:25 AM
Very well said Razorback...;)

Glow Plug
03-24-2003, 10:29 AM
so what we used to have a chat room or something????

anyway i am not going to buy a t-shirt because i don't really like the desgin and the cost is going to be like 40 bucks candian once i get the shipping and exchange factored in sorry ben :(

but any way the chats sould be once you cause trouble 3 strikes your out of the chat room, but i would love a chat room because wouldn't it take some stress off the servers?? but anyway that is just my veiw of what should happen :)

QuadJunkies
03-24-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Razorback
Chat rooms are good/fun, but the problem is that some people can't control themselves, so they would have to be moderated quite heavily. A few people can spoil the fun for everyone. I'm definitely not speaking for Ben, but if he doesn't think it's a good idea, I hope everyone understands.

Another consideration is that some chat rooms are free, but the type of chat that we would need on this site would cost money, because of 1) administrative capabilities and 2) integration with the security on this site, so anyone in the chat could be identified and be banned from the chat and/or site if they cause problems.

Ben has already spent a ton of money on this site, and has gotten help from many people on here, but I doubt it's enough to justify more money spent without good reason. Take the t-shirts for example (only an example). When the idea was thrown out a couple of months ago, people were really onboard with the idea and sent in designs for the shirt in the contest. When the time came for people to actually buy the shirts, it's been like pulling teeth to get any of them sold. Before the price was lowered to a ridiculous $5, there was still 2/3rds of the original number of shirts that had not been purchased.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everything goes back to the t-shirts, I'm just using them as an example. The extreme majority of the people who visit this site have no idea the work and money that takes place behind the scenese, so I just hope you understand when some of the decisions are made. Ben cares about this site more than most of you can imagine. I totally understand where your coming from on that note.. Ben has spent a great deal..I was wondering.. how was itthat we had one before? I didnt like it much but I did get on it a few times..WEll at least we still have Aim and msn ect...;)

AtvMxRider
03-24-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I totally understand where your coming from on that note.. Ben has spent a great deal..I was wondering.. how was itthat we had one before? I didnt like it much but I did get on it a few times..WEll at least we still have Aim and msn ect...;)

Yeah atleast on AIM I don't have to worry about getting banned for what I say........:devil

QuadJunkies
03-24-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Yeah atleast on AIM I don't have to worry about getting banned for what I say........:devil If that was the case Jerry...you would have been banned a LONG time ago!!!:p ;)

AtvMxRider
03-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
If that was the case Jerry...you would have been banned a LONG time ago!!!:p ;)

MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHA...screw em if they can't take a joke.;)

03-24-2003, 11:10 AM
hey u guys should check out 3wheeler.org they have a link at the top u click and if u have aim it will take u into a aim chat for 3 wheeler.org we should have that here

Sparks425Ex
03-24-2003, 11:22 AM
For All You Guys That Want A Chat Room:

Download Aim. And shoot me an im. My name is Sparks425Ex..

Just about everynight around 7:00 Eastern Time I make a Chat Room. There are many people that come and talk....It is a fun time.. To Name a few people.

Myself,Pappy, Tants, Lathers, Beerock, Alaska Speed, TeamC&G Racer,Atvrider96,Jason,Chris,FCyour7, Outlaw, Dan...

Those are a few of the normal guys. We always have a few new guys.. Just shoot me an Im and tell me you want in the chat or ask if I have started one yet...

I be glad to get ya an invite...

Razorback
03-24-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Brit220
so what we used to have a chat room or something????

I don't remember the details, but there was a chat room called "EXriders", but I don't think it was officially linked to the site by either Leo or Ben. Someone else just set it up on one of the various free chat services out there (Bravenet maybe). This is of course totally Ben's call, I just wanted to bring some of the things to light about chat rooms.

They can be very good, but normally they have to be administered to keep the bad guys out.

QuadJunkies
03-24-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Razorback
I don't remember the details, but there was a chat room called "EXriders", but I don't think it was officially linked to the site by either Leo or Ben. Someone else just set it up on one of the various free chat services out there (Bravenet maybe). This is of course totally Ben's call, I just wanted to bring some of the things to light about chat rooms.

They can be very good, but normally they have to be administered to keep the bad guys out. yeah... it was bravenet, I personally didt like it, but a chat would be nice, but I do see it from both perspectives too...;)

WildCatRacer
03-24-2003, 04:07 PM
a chat would be nice. I cant belive that more people dont sponcer this site.