PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Honda TRAX 90 EX wont start

maconuswett
04-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Hi all,

I have a 2007 TRX 90 EX that will not start. It sat for approximately 4 years before I started in on it. Here is what I have done so far:

- Overhauled the Carb completely (CARB rebuild kit, new O-Rings, new jets)
- New fuel lines and filters
- New Oil
- Adjusted valves
- New battery
- New spark plug

The bike will turn over fine, just won't start, even if I spray starter fluid in the intake or down the plug hole. It will instead sometimes push the spark out of the intake and catch the residual starter fluid on fire. Has good compression from what I can tell. I have tried everything I can think of. Put a boroscope in the plug hole after I sprayed starter fluid in there, fluid is just sitting on top of the piston.

Whats next?

segwayunlimited
04-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Hi all,

I have a 2007 TRX 90 EX that will not start. It sat for approximately 4 years before I started in on it. Here is what I have done so far:

- Overhauled the Carb completely (CARB rebuild kit, new O-Rings, new jets)
- New fuel lines and filters
- New Oil
- Adjusted valves
- New battery
- New spark plug

The bike will turn over fine, just won't start, even if I spray starter fluid in the intake or down the plug hole. It will instead sometimes push the spark out of the intake and catch the residual starter fluid on fire. Has good compression from what I can tell. I have tried everything I can think of. Put a boroscope in the plug hole after I sprayed starter fluid in there, fluid is just sitting on top of the piston.

Whats next?

WOW! That is so much work and parts just to find out it's still not starting. Sorry to hear that.

Kiara317
07-10-2015, 10:57 PM
loosen the exhaust studs up from cylinder try that exhaust could be plugged up