View Full Version : TT YZ80 Mini Shifter Quad - Light & Fast!

highstringer
03-19-2015, 01:57 PM
I have a very unique mini quad here. It's all custom built. It is basically a mini TRX250R Quad. It has a 4130 chromoly frame, and a-arms. 5052 aluminum swing arm, steering stem, and gas tank. 7075 aluminum 1-1/4" rear axle. DRR seat and plastics. Engine is just a stock 2000 YZ80 with a FMF Fatty Pipe and custom made silencer. All the suspension (front & back) is the TRX250R geometry to full scale. The swing arm is 2" under stock 250R length. a-arms are plus 1" with lightened '89 TRX 250R spindles. I also modified them to a no bind set up so it is super easy to steer and ride. Front and rear suspension including shocks will bolt on a TRX250R quad. All the brakes are off of a TRX250R. This thing handles like a dream, and you can adjust on it just as you would a full size quad. It is very light, and fast that is why we never had anything done to the motor. We could run with all the Too Fast motors and everyone else no problem. My son won Two AMA Extreme Dirt Track National Championship Series titles last year (2014) in the supermini and the 70-90 Mod classes. Also he won two local track championships last year and one on the ice. Asking $5,000.00 and it comes with a ton of extras. Three sets of back dirt tires, two sets of front dirt tires, Extra steering stem, extra swing arm (4130 Chromoly), Extra air filter, many, many sprockets (front and rear ) and extra chain for any gearing combination you can think of. There is an extra carb and flywheel. Another set of rear wheel hubs. Three sets of rear ice tires and one set of front ice tires. I think that is it. There might be more. The quad is very easy to work on and maintain, we have raced it locally and nationally for about 2-1/2 years. My son doesn't really fit on it anymore so it's time to sell it and start on the next one.

Thanks,

Bret