PDA

View Full Version : 400ex stroker

400EX_24
02-22-2015, 12:14 AM
Ok so I have a 2002 400ex that I wanna rebuild. I wanna make it a 460ex. I found a really good deal on a hot rods stroker crankshaft it cost half the price compared to buying it on the official website.I wanted to know if this is going to be a reliable build or not. I'm planning on putting stronger head studs,450r carb, 450r timing chain,hot cams stage 2 and that's about it. But I'm confused on somethings. The 460ex has a 440 cylinder with a stroker crank right? One thing that I'm confused on is what will happen if it blows can I resleeve the cylinder or would I need a new one? And also whats the difference if you bore the OEM cylinder to a 440cc or if you buy a new cylinder that's already a 440cc? Are the cylinders the same? And how reliable would the bike be? Would I run into lots of problems. I'm just wanting a reliable 400ex with lots of power!! I'm only 15 but im going to try and buy all the parts one by one. This would make a good late birthday present Lol .Sorry for all the questions but thanks for any help would really appreciate it. Thanks