PDA

View Full Version : 2001 400ex wiring problem!

hesta123
02-16-2015, 04:30 PM
I recently bought my bike off of a friend of mine and after about a month of riding my harness fried together. The bike is 440 stage 2 hot cam jetted mind you i have no ignition i had bypassed it with my new harness also has no fuses they were eliminated and is a simple wiring set up .... After i had replaced both harnesses the eletric start is a brand new harness and the main one was used bought it off of ebay ...after replacing them i have no action at my start button but when i touch my solenoid bolts together the bike will turn over forever and will not start so i know i must not be getting spark wich i understand but the spark coil wire is getting juice because it juiced me ... i dont understand why when i hit the button it doesnt turn over or anything what could it be my cdi box? some have told me yes but i dont know if i believe it..i would just like to know what someone with alittle more education about these things has to say before is is start buying things that i dont need here im on a tight budget bikes pretty much built to race i need the simplest start up and go wiring where do i start??????????????????ive been on forums after forums and cannot seem to find my problem any suggestions guys help me outttttt