PDA

View Full Version : white brothers Cdi

honda028
02-05-2015, 05:46 PM
I have a 99 400ex with a 440 kit needing some thoughts on aftermarket cdi boxes

NacsMXer
02-05-2015, 07:11 PM
The White Brothers box will raise the rev limit a bit but can make cold starting more difficult.

DragonGunner
02-06-2015, 04:46 AM
I have a 99 400ex with a 440 kit needing some thoughts on aftermarket cdi boxes

I have the WB since 2000 but as you probably know are no longer sold. The only other one that I have heard good about is one that was made I think by Sparks, I would see if they still make and sell one for the EX, at least I think they are still in business.

cheater13
02-06-2015, 10:58 AM
If you have the funds, look into the Dynatech ones. Specifically the programmable.

honda028
02-06-2015, 01:54 PM
I just bought a brand new wb cdi yesterday waiting to get it if I don't like it I have been thinking about the dyna tech also..

DragonGunner
02-06-2015, 04:00 PM
I just bought a brand new wb cdi yesterday waiting to get it if I don't like it I have been thinking about the dyna tech also..

Thats hard to believe since WB has been out of business for a few years, hope its not a fake…..it should look just like the stock one but have a W B itched in it…with that said even that would be easy to fake.

honda028
02-06-2015, 05:07 PM
It's was in white brothers box and has w b itched in it hopefully it's is the real deal I'm kind of worried now lol. Maybe I should just try something else and not even hook it up when it gets here.

DragonGunner
02-06-2015, 07:21 PM
It's was in white brothers box and has w b itched in it hopefully it's is the real deal I'm kind of worried now lol. Maybe I should just try something else and not even hook it up when it gets here.

It did come in a white box, still have mine. Hook that thing up, mine starts hard when it gets really cold out. I sometimes just put the stocker in for cold winter riding, can tell a difference in the revs right off the bat, the WB should pull farther on each gear, a little different power curve and rev higher.

honda028
02-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Yes it came in a white box I'll try it out and if I don't like it I will go back to my stock one and go from there I guess.

CJM
02-06-2015, 07:53 PM
The one I jhad had a WB etched on it and had a white bros sticker.

Baxter
02-09-2015, 03:39 PM
As far as I remember , it's a XR250r cdi , can't remember the year but it is when it looked like the XR400r.

CJM
02-09-2015, 07:41 PM
As far as I remember , it's a XR250r cdi , can't remember the year but it is when it looked like the XR400r.
No, most aftermarket CDI boxes are an xr250 CDI. The WB is not. How do I know this? I tried several other CDI's and even an XR250 CDI, all of them made the quad hard to start, gave no power until you were way into the upper rpms. The WB didnt act like that at all, there was power all around and the rev limit was a good bit higher.

DragonGunner
02-10-2015, 03:02 PM
No, most aftermarket CDI boxes are an xr250 CDI. The WB is not. How do I know this? I tried several other CDI's and even an XR250 CDI, all of them made the quad hard to start, gave no power until you were way into the upper rpms. The WB didnt act like that at all, there was power all around and the rev limit was a good bit higher.

Correct, WB took stock OEM CDI's and reprogrammed them with a different power curve and not just a higher rev limit.

honda028
02-10-2015, 03:54 PM
got my wb cdi box on and I can notice more pull in each gear and the rev limit is way higher thanks to all of you guys that helped me out!

DragonGunner
02-11-2015, 08:55 AM
got my wb cdi box on and I can notice more pull in each gear and the rev limit is way higher thanks to all of you guys that helped me out!

Glad you got a good one, sounds like a WB.

slightlybent47
02-19-2015, 02:51 AM
Total wast of money. The stock cdi box works the best.
There's no power on the top end.

DragonGunner
02-19-2015, 06:02 AM
Total wast of money. The stock cdi box works the best.
There's no power on the top end.

LOL….another wasted post of the highest quality.

slightlybent47
02-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Why do you say that? I'm not wrong in my post.
Been there done that, After market cdi boxes are a wast of money on an ex, always has been and always will be.
There are thousands of threads that say the same thing.
Do your research first before you post bull ****.

DragonGunner
02-19-2015, 01:29 PM
Why do you say that? I'm not wrong in my post.
Been there done that, After market cdi boxes are a wast of money on an ex, always has been and always will be.
There are thousands of threads that say the same thing.
Do your research first before you post bull ****.

We are talking about the WB cdi….the OP was not taking about all aftermarket CDI's….so you gather your info by what other threads say rather than any testing you have done. I have a WB, I bet you never have so do your own research before trolling about what yo don't know about the WB cdi. Thats why I respond to your same old bull, like to think you know it all but you simply don't. I bet you didn't even read this thread did you….saw something about cdi's and jumped in. Brilliant.

slightlybent47
02-19-2015, 06:09 PM
This is exactly why this forum has so few readers anymore.
Some snot nosed kid in his momma's basement thinks they know everything.
How's yo momma and all my kids?
The op will find out soon enough. lol

honda028
02-19-2015, 09:03 PM
I am very impressed with the wb cdi box and everyone I have talked to have really liked there wb cdi. And for the record I'm not a snot nosed kid I am a grown up man and I was just wanting some input on the cdi boxes and everyone on here was very helpful everyone is entitled to there own opinion and I appreciate all the feed back that I got.

DragonGunner
02-20-2015, 04:33 AM
I am very impressed with the wb cdi box and everyone I have talked to have really liked there wb cdi. And for the record I'm not a snot nosed kid I am a grown up man and I was just wanting some input on the cdi boxes and everyone on here was very helpful everyone is entitled to there own opinion and I appreciate all the feed back that I got.

Don't worry about that guy, I've had some run ends with him on this forum, he was calling me the snot nose kid most likely, I'm (53) and he knows that, he just thinks he is all that and no one can know what he does because he is so mature, and of course his posts back that up…….LOL.

honda028
02-20-2015, 04:53 PM
Haha ok.. thanks for all your help..

buck440
03-01-2015, 01:44 AM
There is at least 10 years of people asking which cdi to use lol, I understand search is I little pain to use but just go to a thread posted every other day for the past 15 years and see which cdi to use . the 400ex forum is a broken record.