PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Polaris Scrambler 400

ccfr63
01-26-2015, 08:05 AM
Hello new member here. I've got a few questions about my Scrambler and thought maybe you guys could help.

My 99 Scrambler is seriously low on power. Starts very easily but there isn't any power on the bottom end and power on the top end is minimal. Carb has been cleaned so that shouldn't be the issue. Did a compression check and it's 110-115 psi. I know that its at the bottom of the operating age but I'm not sure it's so low that it should be performing this badly.

Another question is does anybody know where I drain the cooling system? I think I'm going to drop in a new top end but I didn't want to pull the jug off without completely draining the coolant. I know where to drain the radiator but I would like to get all the coolant out of the motor. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

rundrave
01-27-2015, 09:13 AM
you need to come check out www.gen3usa.com its a website with a whole bunch of scrambler owners. I would suggest getting a call out to rick ritter at http://rittercycle.com/polaris.htm he will have everything you need ready to ship out.

those 400's are very tunable :)