PDA

View Full Version : anybody have elkas

Z-King
03-23-2003, 09:52 PM
i was wanting to get a set of elka fronts triple rate no rezes
but is it really much of a difference and how much did u pay for them

racin 400
03-24-2003, 04:08 AM
i paid 500$ + shipping look in my sig for the specs on em.I think u can get a lil red knob on the bottom of the shock for rebound but i didn't get it??? b/c if it is avaible to gett ill send my elkas back.but ssd is avaible.

Ex'r Marlin
03-24-2003, 05:48 AM
I did ride a Z-400 with the stock shocks on and did not enjoy it through the whoop section.:( I am comparing this with my 400ex with Elkas and their Self Sagging Device.

Reading your signature... I definetly think you are ready for some aftermarket shocks!:) I am sure that which ever brand you go with, there will be a noticeable improvement!:)

I am one of those riders that need everything possible to help keep up with the pack. Some riders out there ride impressively well with stock shocks, but I do not know how they do it!:rolleyes:

Good luck!:)

ajr400ex
03-24-2003, 06:42 AM
Shocks are one of those things that is tough to lay down the cash for...but once you do it you will have no regrets. Had Works on my 300 and have Elkas on my 400. The Elkas are the best mod so far.

cheetah
03-24-2003, 10:24 AM
I was a little worried at first too. I couldn't picture a difference in handling worth $700. I took the dive anyway and ordered triple rates w/ ssd and piggyback rezies. I have to say it is without a doubt the greatest thing I ever did. The only thing to compare was my hydraulic clutch, man I love that thing. Definately check them out you won't be dissapointed.