PDA

View Full Version : paintball while riding....today.

"BLAHH"300!!
03-23-2003, 05:27 PM
man we had a blast today.
we got on the subject of paint ball wars this mornin, while we were loading our quads, we talked ourselves into going by wal-mart and each of us buying a gun, and all the other stuff to have a p-ball war.....9 of us riding, we picked teams, and went our seperate ways. each team had a "base", and a flag. pass the flag back to the oppenent that shot you, that rider would"try" to return the flag. uneven teams, so the 9th rider (400ex) shot everyone. and returned the flags. the slower guys acctually did better than us faster guys. becouse
- 1. we couldn't hear them over our loud pipes, and they'd sneak up behind us.
- 2. we were darting through the tree's faster, and couldn't really take the time to pop off a clean shot.....but they couldn't run away from us so it all worked out about even. we had a blast litterally....
...we'll be bringing the guns along on all rides from now on.
the utulity guys suked couse they had gun racks....i wedged mine in my front bumper, or held onto it best i could. i'll have to make a sling for it, and rig up something to hold my Co2, and "balls"..
...if your just the everage trail rider, you should try to talk your groupe into this...riding is fun, but you gatta admit..get's a little boring sometime's
here's a tip.....go cut down a real bushy shrub, fix it to your quad some how and ride with it..then you always have camo..

we also found another place to ride. loads of trails, goes in and out of a powerline, and has jumps everywhere the woods aren't too thick, can eaily crouse mid-3rd-4th and carve the tree's. someone's been working on these trails for a while. we never saw him/them, but whoever it is looks to be an experianced rider considering the skill level of the trails, and most likely has a sport bike of some sort. there's jumps everywhere, ranging from
mid-3rd throttle blips,(bumps) through nice smooth 4 foot airs, a perfect naural step up with a slope down..
and a "half-pipe"!! :huh..it's bad man. it's like a snowboarder's half pipe, (natural erosion) get your speed at the top, come up the other wall and launch out. no landing ramp so it's kinda ruff, but too much fun not to enjoy..
.i'd start on one end, "drop-in" go to the other wall and turn back into it, carve the other wall and so on
. there's no tree's in the "U", and the bottom was dry. small trickel of water nothing major...
you know how hills on powerlines can get, so needless to say, their are some crazy one's out there. has a sand bottom creek, that snakes around, and someone has built 3 nice bridges over it. built out of pallets and 4x4's..my wheels hang over the edge alittle, but the rest of the groupe fits em' perfect. sturdy enugh for 2 b-bears to cross at once. we picked a trail and rode it for a long way, and never saw the end. most all the trails went for a ways, then circled back and all trails intersect. there's a nice one, man it's like an mx track. 2 trails side by side, then a nice step up jump, flat on top and then on the other side it has a lip at the top, and slopes off perfectly so you fly off it, and have a smooth landing. 2 lanes and you can race it.FUN..a tornado came through last wed, the ground around here is soggy, but the ground at these trails was pretty dry...so that's a plus....best part...most all of it runs through pine tree's. oak leaves smoother the ground, and trap in moister...pine needles let the ground breath a little better and stays pretty much dry....things are lookin' up....
one freind live in a quad ride distance from here. he's ganna keep going back during the week just incase the owner doesn't want us there. (better one quad than 10)

(i'm ranting again).....
did you read my last post about how our ride went?....anything that could have gone wrong last weekend, did..this ride went perfect. also found out about another freind about to join our click. he has a 250r, i havn't seen it, but he said it has PINK:confused2 PLASTIC, and blue frame. needs chain and sproks. had a new rider come today, with a b-bear, and have another trying to get his engine problems figured out. bayou300
most rider's with us are on utility bikes'. and 2 trik rider's i wish they'd try and get a sport bike, but this is mississippi. "ridenecks"
their is another click of rider's in town all sport bikes. a freind traded pipes with a 400 rider...but he lost their phone number....hope to see them soon.
right now in our clci we're.
400ex, 300ex, mojave, bayou220, 185s, 110, b-bear, b-bear, timberwolf.
soon to come,
250r, b-bear, bayou 300
plus i have my b-bear as a spare for someone to use.

i'm, sorry it's so long.....
but we had a new quad shop open here in town.
we've had the HONDA/YAMMY shop for years,
the POLARIS/ARCTIC CAT shop has been here for a while, but not untill recently did they have anythig with any interest...
now we got a COWASUCKI/SOSUCKI dealer..i hope they have both the KFX and Z on display, along with the mojave.

next time i'll try to remember the cammra.....
..most trails around here are all flat...in low lying area's, that flood during every rain. cops ran us off from a few acre's of that, and the rest is farm land,..bumpy flat and boring.
i'm getting shut out of land left and right around my house.

...this new spot is perfect. already broken in, remends me of something you'd see at a gncc...it's at the end of a gravel road that a riding buddy lives on. and we didn't see ANY signs of life..other than the trails.(no houses sheds or stuff).
but someone does own the land, and he's ganna try and figure out who. before we get shut out again.

i expect to see a game worden, sherrif, constible, judge, jury, pizza delivery guy, and the pope and some old man with a fork up his...salad shooter? at the trail head after our next ride....
....things don't usually work out like this for me..

man i know i just wrote a novel on here, those of you that know me, know that i tent to get carried away....you should here me in person...one minute i won't say as much as hello, next minute......

...the end.....

Honda4trax250x
03-24-2003, 10:06 AM
wow long post but just so u no everyone always talks about doing that but no one actually does ur prob. the first hehe :p

Sparks425Ex
03-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Me and My friends thought of it once and actually tried to play it...Not a good Idea... I don't care how cool it seems or how much of a good idea it was... I wouldn't recommend it.. You watching people around you and not paying attention...

Crashin happens alot...

honda250xrider
03-24-2003, 10:58 AM
now what happens when u hit the paintball onto the plastic wouldnt it stain? i wouldnt take the rist of anything getting tie died on my fourwheeler anyways

"BLAHH"300!!
03-24-2003, 11:06 AM
BLAHH:blah
...those people don't need a gun or a quad.....
i'm not that worried about an empty bud light box (the flag)
maybe if it had beer in it...well wait..then i'd be sober..yeah....ahight i see your point...haha....nah for real...

(off topic)
i had jury duty today ya'll..you ever have to do it?
sux man...boring...my head was bouncin' all over the place.
..like monday morning in high-school, your eye's roll back in your head, head slams on the desk and pops back up and you look around the room, can't half see b/c of all the melatonin (sp) in your system...everyone's lookin' at you. and you notice the one person in the back of the room laughing the hardest b/c he watch the whole thing happen....yeah it sux...make up an excuse..or grab a handfull of yellow jacketts.

(on topic)....do the paint ball thing..just don't hit anything.

"BLAHH"300!!
03-24-2003, 11:13 AM
didn't think of it man....
will it stain plastic? all came off at the carwash pretty easy.
maybe if you put some type of oil based cleaner on your plastic before/during. the war......thanx for the info....
i got some plastic in the shed, i'ma go shoot it later and let it sit there over night to see what happens, if it stains..i'll post it, if not....i'll post that too.

Rip_Tear
03-24-2003, 11:27 AM
My friends and I talked about this idea before. One problem... They all dont have quads (lazy buggers lol :D)

"BLAHH"300!!
03-24-2003, 11:37 AM
whats worse than a freind without a quad ?
a freind that's too lazy to LOAD his quad !
had that happen a few times.

zmoe400ex
03-24-2003, 02:26 PM
i did that before except i didnt have a gun and my friend had a
be-be gun i was on a yz and he was on his timber wolf he shot me like four times i didnt even know he had the gun until it hit me i about beat his arse after we went back it was a dick thing to do. i dont ride with him as much he was fun to ride with to ill get him back this summer at the lake he lets me pull him when he water skis:devil :devil :devil

CHAUNCY
03-24-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by zmoe400ex
i did that before except i didnt have a gun and my friend had a
be-be gun i was on a yz and he was on his timber wolf he shot me like four times i didnt even know he had the gun until it hit me i about beat his arse after we went back it was a dick thing to do. i dont ride with him as much he was fun to ride with to ill get him back this summer at the lake he lets me pull him when he water skis:devil :devil :devil

Revenge is sweet isnt it ???

Honda4trax250x
03-26-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by honda250xrider
now what happens when u hit the paintball onto the plastic wouldnt it stain? i wouldnt take the rist of anything getting tie died on my fourwheeler anyways

No they wouldnt stain my uncle shot my quad with a few and they come right off cuz they are water based