PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield McCoy Continues to Connect Trails

trailhouseowner
01-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Hatfield McCoy just keeps getting better! The Hatfield McCoy Trail Authority is in the process of connecting the Rockhouse Trail to the Buffalo Mountain Trail. Even though this has been in their plans for a long time, they are actually in the process of doing it now. Part of the trail connector is being prepared. From the Rockhouse Trail, you will be able to travel to the Hatfield Cemetery which has the grave of Devil Anse Hatfield and other members of the Hatfield clan. Then you ride on to the Buffalo Mountain Trail. From what I hear, it should be ready by early summer! Looking forward to this new addition to the trail system! It should be a great addition! EXCITED to say the least!!

OldGuyonaQuad
02-08-2015, 09:10 AM
This was supposed to be done last June. Still no mention of it on trailshaven pages.
Rockhouse is good for lodging options but the 10 mile connector is a grind for me. If you go back to your room for lunch you are looking at taking that 4 times unless you take the highway back. I'm heading back to Indian Ridge, with connectors to Pinnacle Creek & Pocahontas it gives you he most total trails anywhere short of Utah.

trailhouseowner
02-08-2015, 09:49 AM
This was supposed to be done last June. Still no mention of it on trailshaven pages.
Rockhouse is good for lodging options but the 10 mile connector is a grind for me. If you go back to your room for lunch you are looking at taking that 4 times unless you take the highway back. I'm heading back to Indian Ridge, with connectors to Pinnacle Creek & Pocahontas it gives you he most total trails anywhere short of Utah.

I have heard through rumors that the connector was not being worked on due to problems with the state. We talked to a HM dozer worker that says they are working on the connector two days a week. So the moral of the story is, don't pay attention to rumors. Go to the source and find out the truth!

In order to make the most of the connector, you probably should get lunch while you are out. If that isn't an option, pack you something. Rockhouse and Buffalo Mtn. have always been two of the most popular trails. The connector can mean nothing but good things and we are very excited.