PDA

View Full Version : Fullbore rubbing hole in tank!

Narly R
03-23-2003, 04:47 PM
I dont know what to do! Its a IMS 3.8 gallon tank, so it sticks up a little higher. I was thinkin bout going back to stock tank(only if I can paint it). But if I cant what should I do? I cant put like pads on my tank, like stock cause theres nothing like that on this tank. Has anyone ever had this problem before?:confused:

CHAUNCY
03-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Not sure if it is true but somewhere I read you cant run an oversized tank with fullbore. And about the tank question I tihnk it might chip. But im not sure about that either.

Narly R
03-23-2003, 05:44 PM
Hey, thanks! I dont see why I wouldnt be able to run fullbore w/a bigger tank! It looks to be the same shape as my stock!? I dont know what im going to do? I will see if i can get my stock tank put back on.But then it would be a wast of $200 on a tank!:( I wounder if I could exchange it!?(back to IMS)??? Its only rubbing on the right side. It seems that its like its(the plastic) too skinny. But maybe it would kinda sit on top of my stock plastic? I dont know Ill senf IMS a e-mail, theres a idea!!! :eek2:

Red00Honda400EX
03-23-2003, 07:47 PM
Try getting some think weather stripping and pulling the plastic out with your fingers or pulling the tank off either way. Try putting the weather stripping between your tank and your plastic. It may not look 100% the best but it should protect the tank. Or you could try something like duct tape between them although if its rubbing badly then it would probably wear right through that.

killed300ex
03-23-2003, 11:49 PM
go to an automovite store and try to find some automotive stripping its what you can put on the edge of your wheel well to hide the edge of metal. I forget the exact name buth they should have something like im describing. after that if you cant find that just go and get some stick on velcdro or somethign that has a sticky back and stick that to were the tank it getting cut open by the platic
killed

Narly R
03-24-2003, 05:57 AM
Ok I might try that guys! I will see if I can use my stock tank first.

oldnumberseven
03-24-2003, 07:15 AM
I run a IMS tank with fullbore plastic.......YOU HAVE TO TRIM THE PLASTIC! You need to take off about an inch where the large bulb of the tank meets the plastic. I will try to post a pic for you later today.

muff
03-24-2003, 10:12 AM
yea trimming it was what i was thinkin, all depends on where its rubbing, if its rubbin in a spot you cant trim, glue some rubber pieces to the gas tank

Narly R
03-24-2003, 12:14 PM
I dont really want to trim it..........:ermm: if I cant get anything to work I guess thats what Ill have to do, that would be GREAT if you could get a pic!!! I want to see if it makes it look bad.what did you use to do it?(grinder??):confused2

AFTERMARKET
03-24-2003, 03:10 PM
I run a 3.6 IMS tank on my R with fullbores and have no problems

Narly R
03-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Hum.....................................:rolleyes: