PDA

View Full Version : Which Jets?

02Yellow400
03-23-2003, 04:37 PM
Anyone know which jets i should be running? My quad runs great now but i could get some extra performance out of it with some new jets. Just not sure what sizes.

Heres what I got. 400ex with a Yoshi Slip-on And a K & N with and outerwear.

Any help would be great thanks

Oh yeah what needle clip to i use?

Steve-o 400EX
03-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Okay, ur close to me in elevation so i dont have to guess this time LOL. I would go with a 42 pilot het and a 150 main jet, move the clip down one notch on the needle. I would take the choke out too while ur at it, she'll run a bit better. I took mine out, the 42 pilot makes her fire right up, just pump the gas 3 or 4 times and hit the start button and it starts right away.;)

02Yellow400
03-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the help. My quad starts right up now as it is. The thing is it runs good also. Will jetting it give me a noticable amount of power or should i leave it as it is? And how hard is it to remove the choke?

Steve-o 400EX
03-25-2003, 05:06 AM
Na, removing the choke is not a problem at all. It takes 30 seconds literally. The jetting will make all the difference in ur quads performance. If u use the jets i recommended, you will be right on, since ur not too far away from me i know the setup will work. Look in the FAQ section for jetting carb by Deathbringer, it explains jetting and choke removal very well and it has a lot of pics to help you along the way. This is how i learned how to jet my carb.

Good luck!;) Let me know how it turns out.:cool:

02Yellow400
03-25-2003, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the help. Ive jetted a couple quads. But always had to guess what sizes. Now that i have a web site at my disposal i can just not guess what size and go get the right ones. Thanks for the help...i will let you know how it works out.

Steve-o 400EX
03-26-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by 02Yellow400
Thanks for the help. Ive jetted a couple quads. But always had to guess what sizes. Now that i have a web site at my disposal i can just not guess what size and go get the right ones. Thanks for the help...i will let you know how it works out.

Cool, yea its good to know if we helped ya out.