PDA

View Full Version : Kenda Klaw ride review!

ill_lil_romey
03-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Well Thursday the UPS man showed up with a lovely treat for me. 18x10.5x9 Klaw MX rears and 20X6X10 Klaw Fronts. This weekend I got to put in plenty ride time on them on a natural terrain MX track with whoops, tabletops, sweepers and a 180,, and on some awesome trails. First off, let me give you guys the bad news, (which isn't really bad at all!) I noticed that these tires were a little bit heavier than most MX setups, and they didn't improve braking as much as some other setups. On the MX track the klaws ripped! IMO the rears hooked up on par if not better then grooved 8inch tamers. The fronts and the rears were a match made in heaven for each other. In straight line traction they were leaps and bounds better then my Razr's. They also helped improve suspension too. In slides they were second only to tamers, I was in complete control through out , the tires broke lose on the dime and hooked up on the blip of the throttle! The Klaws hooked up so good on the hard packed track that I was holding on for dear life down the straights:eek2: IMO one of the best combos out there. Me and my friends call them the beasts they hook up so well. They look like they will wear better than most setups and they are pretty strong tires. Well that's my review, Thanks guys. Any input, opinions?

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-23-2003, 04:16 PM
I want to see them :D

Mxbubs
03-23-2003, 04:18 PM
I want to report on my new ITP holeshots mxr's....

I got the NEW 18x10x9's on the rear and I love them thus far.

I was really close to getting the Kenda's, but I chose the ITPs.

Both are great tires im sure.

ill_lil_romey
03-23-2003, 04:28 PM
I really wanted to try the new holeshot's too. The only thing that kept me away from them was the price and the reputation they have for premature wear.

I want to see them Here ya go http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48739&highlight=Kenda+Klaws
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50991&highlight=Kenda+Klaws

Mxbubs
03-23-2003, 04:43 PM
Hey Romey, where did you ride at?

I was @ Breaux Bridge Friday and Saturday, and New Iberia on Sunday.

I prob. saw ya.:D

ill_lil_romey
03-23-2003, 04:50 PM
Sat. I was at the new Kentwood track and Today I was at trail riding at Fort Jackson. I haven't been to the Breux Bridge track yet. Do you ever go to Avondale?

Mxbubs
03-23-2003, 06:42 PM
I have past the avondale track many times, never stopped though. Is it any good?

The New Iberia "down south mx" is excellent. Chip takes GOOD care of it.

The Breaux Bridge track sucked. It was way to powdery, but I like the layout.

I used to ride Fernwood alot.

Tell me about avondale.

Mxbubs
03-23-2003, 06:43 PM
oh yeah, you say Kentwood, you mean the old kentwood track?

I was told that quads are not allowed on the new kentwood track.

If you were at the new kentwood track, give me their number, I want to ride there.

jmoney45
03-24-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
I want to see them :D

I also have some updated pics on my website. I still don't have any seat time on them though (waitin for axle and front shocks :grr )

ill_lil_romey
03-24-2003, 01:31 AM
Mxbubs, I was also told the same thing about the new kentwood track, I don't even think the old one is still running, I heard it was poo anyway. Ill get you the guys name and number as soon as I get home. The avondale track is on highway 90, it's called the louisiana supercross. I think its about 1.5 miles or something im not completely sure, the track is kinda tight and twisty, pretty technical with big jumps, there is a huge triple in the middle of the track comming down the back straight, im not sure how far it is but its there. I can give you the number there too. Practice is every Tuesday and Thursday night from 5 to 10. I don't know when the next event is.

Mxbubs
03-24-2003, 05:29 AM
So you did get to ride the new kentwood track?

quadrcr87
03-24-2003, 08:28 AM
thanks for the info i just ordered 4 new kenda klaw mx's on .190 rims from rocky mountain. do you sugest the 9 or 8 inch rear?

QuadTrix6
03-24-2003, 12:40 PM
FINALLY a review..thanks for the info :cool:

ill_lil_romey
03-24-2003, 12:47 PM
So you did get to ride the new kentwood track? Yes, and quads are allowed, at least as far as my knowledge for the past few weeks. The Mxbubs the guys name is Lynn Lejune, very nice guy, his number at his shop is 225-749-2305, his cell is 225-776-2305. Avondale-504-436-3600.
Quadrcr87, I would get the 9inch unless the tracks you ride on are very smooth and don't have alot of braking bumps and square edged bumps, you have to be strong as h3ll to hold on with the 8inchers also.

OutlawEX
03-24-2003, 03:57 PM
i think this thread got me set on Kenda

quadrcr87
03-24-2003, 04:33 PM
thanks for the info i got the 9 inch. its also good they fit my stock rims