PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket front/OEM Rear plastic compatibility

MtnEX
12-22-2014, 11:06 PM
I am sure it's out there somewhere 10 years ago but I can't find it.

What all is compatible with the 99-07 OEM rear fenders?

Maier, Fullbore, Laker Customs?

DragonGunner
12-23-2014, 09:50 AM
I might be confused by your question….if Maier or fullbore is advertising selling their rear fenders, it would list what years it will fit….?

MtnEX
12-23-2014, 11:10 AM
I should have been more clear.

I was wondering what aftermarket front fenders are compatible with stock rear fender? Figuring some of them might be made a little different at the mating seam so you have to buy both.

I know you should buy front and rear the same. Im just curious.

DragonGunner
12-23-2014, 12:08 PM
I should have been more clear.

I was wondering what aftermarket front fenders are compatible with stock rear fender? Figuring some of them might be made a little different at the mating seam so you have to buy both.

I know you should buy front and rear the same. Im just curious.

I have Fullbore Front on 2001 EX frame, and put cheaper Maier rear plastic on rear, fit was perfect. I ran white plastic, so was pretty sure they would match up color wise, the colors from one to another might very well be different though….?

Stock OEM rear matches up with Fullbore front also.

MtnEX
12-23-2014, 07:48 PM
OK so it sounds like they must all be compatible then.

A Fullbore full front is one I looked at that seems like a real nice option if not changing to a Clarke tank.

DragonGunner
12-24-2014, 06:02 AM
OK so it sounds like they must all be compatible then.

A Fullbore full front is one I looked at that seems like a real nice option if not changing to a Clarke tank.

The Fullbore fronts are the best looking imho.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz219/61chalk/IMG2-1.jpg (http://s829.photobucket.com/user/61chalk/media/IMG2-1.jpg.html)

MtnEX
12-24-2014, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I dig it too, maybe because I am older. I've seen a lot of 250R's looking very similar.

I'm adding the fullbore full front to my list of choices. I may go that route if I don't do a Clarke tank. Would be nice to have no seam on the sides if I don't do the oversized tank. As far as color, yeah if I got a pretty new red front it may not match up sweet. But I can always go with another color. Like OEM red rear with some black in the number plates and stuff, and a new black front with red on the graphics.

The Laker Custom front is cool looking. Kind of looks Hybrid, like cross between YFZ and 250R. But I have seen a few pictures where it looked like the front/rear seam didn't look so hot with the Laker rear too. Anyways, they look nice, but they are pretty minimal. Good looking for MX, not much of a set of mud flaps for XC on the front or rear. Laker is shaved down on both ends.