PDA

View Full Version : 300EX Stumbling at High Speeds

300EXRocket
03-23-2003, 03:46 PM
I was out riding my 300Ex this weekend and for the first hour or so everything seemed to be fine. Then I started having problems, or I should say one problem that seemed kind of strange. It would only happen in 3rd gear, but my quad would start to die at full throttle. I would wind out first, second, no problems , hit third, it would start to wind out then it would start to die like it was out of gas. Tried slowing down, hit the gas, same thing. Tried pulling in the clutch, and blipping the throttle, still no go. The only way to keep it from dying would be downshift to second and everything would be fine. For the rest of the day I just didn't wind out third and everything was fine, although, I could make the same thing happen at will, pinned in third , it died everytime. I thought it could have soemthing to do with the rev limiter, but wouldn't it act the same way no matter what gear I was in? Any ideas? Sorry this is a little long winded, but i figured the more info the better. Thanks in advance for your replies.

300exjuggalo
03-24-2003, 02:49 AM
i dont no much, but that happend to me when it got warm out, on my 300ex i would shift to 3rd and hit the gas and would start to die, its cause of the mositure in the air when it got warm , so your jettings are off thats whut was wrong with mine, so try that , and mine went away after it got used to the weather

300EXRocket
03-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Sounds like kind of the same thing, it ran great all winter and the other day it was 70 or so and that's when I first noticed the problem. Did you end up rejetting or did it just kind of correct itself?