PDA

View Full Version : 05 Yamaha Kodiak won't start

dctaz37
12-08-2014, 11:24 AM
I started it in the morning and pulled out of my garage, left it outside for the day and wouldn't start to come back in. It turns over, has gas and some spark. Not sure on the spark as it looks a little weak and is arcing around the inside of the threads. I put fuel line anti-freeze in the tank, gas coming out of the float bowl screw when I loosen it and the plug is wet when I pull it. Any tips? I will try a new plug tonight. Can someone recommend a website to order a manual here in Canada.

DnB_racing
12-08-2014, 04:42 PM
I started it in the morning and pulled out of my garage, left it outside for the day and wouldn't start to come back in. It turns over, has gas and some spark. Not sure on the spark as it looks a little weak and is arcing around the inside of the threads. I put fuel line anti-freeze in the tank, gas coming out of the float bowl screw when I loosen it and the plug is wet when I pull it. Any tips? I will try a new plug tonight. Can someone recommend a website to order a manual here in Canada.how long has the gas set in the tank? and how much have you been running it lately

dctaz37
12-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Gas has been in it for 6 months but I have put stabilizer in it. Changed the plug and it started right up, I didn't think that was it but good to go now.