PDA

View Full Version : newbie lt80 owner.....hello everyone!!!!

chili39
12-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Hey there everybody.....first let me say i see there is alot of GREAT info on this site and im sure i will ask some questions that have been answered a billion times and i have been searching the archives for answers....so if i do just point me there lol....... but here's what i have.

just picked up an 04 lt80 quadsport that wouldn't start and when it did it wouldn't move at all. i had read that the exhaust could be clogged so i took it off and couldn't really tell but while i had it off i removed the restrictor plate. now it runs but only on choke and runs pretty good...my boy can ride it on the street but it still bogges out or hesitates....so i bought a carb rebuild kit and am going to do that next.......THANKS GUYS

p.s. i did the oil pump mod by pulling out the gear shaft under the pump and sliding a toothpick in the line between the pump and carb

LT80
12-08-2014, 06:40 AM
Welcome to the forums. :)

chili39
12-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Thanks....I ended up rebuilding the carb and it runs really good......next I plan on doing the clutch mod and different tires......any suggestions on tires it has stock rims and was wondering if wheel spacers are a good idea? Thanks again.

yophilly
12-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Welcome chili…

I like the kenda scorpion for tires 20-7-8 in front, and 20-10-8 in rear. The rears are about the biggest you'll fit ( and might kiss the back of the heel guards when an adult hits bumps), but they DO fit and they will add some suspension (due to the larger tire). Keep the stock steel wheels, clean the beads real good (and paint them)while you have the tires dis-mounted. I like rustoleum 'almond' in a spray can, it looks exactly like stock and covers real nice. I use the cheap ebay bolt-on 1" or 1 1/2" spacers on the front only, you don't want the rear wider than stock to prevent the dreaded 'case-cracking'.

BTW, you can 'adjust' the heel guards so they don't hit….with a hammer…

yophilly
12-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Welcome chili…

I like the kenda scorpion for tires 20-7-8 in front, and 20-10-8 in rear. The rears are about the biggest you'll fit ( and might kiss the back of the heel guards when an adult hits bumps), but they DO fit and they will add some suspension (due to the larger tire). Keep the stock steel wheels, clean the beads real good (and paint them)while you have the tires dis-mounted. I like rustoleum 'almond' in a spray can, it looks exactly like stock and covers real nice. I use the cheap ebay bolt-on 1" or 1 1/2" spacers on the front only, you don't want the rear wider than stock to prevent the dreaded 'case-cracking'.

BTW, you can 'adjust' the heel guards so they don't hit….with a hammer…

lotuseater
12-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Hello! I'm a newbie owner also. I picked up a 2006 LT80 & I am setting it up over the winter for ATV Rodeo barrel racing to upgrade my son from his LT50 next summer. So far I have put on a set of 16" Nankang N700s on the rear, a 6" JLATV front widening kit, 1.5" spacers on the rear, Maier CF Headlight assembly, AC nerf bars, and an AMR graphics kit. I am having more fun working on these little bikes than I do my big race bikes right now. lol. Good luck with your's!

desratt
12-20-2014, 03:16 PM
tons of wheel-tire and kits for these bikes at www.rectires.com + they ship free.

LT80
12-21-2014, 08:05 AM
I looked for more of the NanKang n700's. I can't find them. Best mini tire ever made... Lucky find.