PDA

View Full Version : Am I cazy or not for selling? 07 Honda 450er

ShawnM
11-29-2014, 12:18 PM
Hello, am thinking that a project I bought 3 years ago isn't going to get done!!!!!! I bought an 07 Honda 450er, It ran when I bought it but it was spitting and popping while it ran. Then when I got it home it hasn't started but only tried it twice in 3 years. I've bought a bunch of used parts for it like, stater, radiator, coil, and stuff like that. It didn't have spark while I was trying to start it. I bought a service manule for it to take time and repair it, but it's just sitting in the garge and I'm tired of walking around it.
It has had engine work done to it but not for sure what, after market bars, sterring stem, neft barsn bead locks, full exhaust, and sure other stuff. I'm just to nieve to know about. It DOESN'T have a title since in Iowa we don't need one.
I'd like to sell it, knowing that I'd get more if it ran but I'd like too break even if I could! Am I totaly nuts for asking $2,500.00. I don't know much about them and thats my mistake but I'm thinking that after this long of time and since they play soccer year round now it will never get done.
Please if you don't have anything positive to say keep it to yourself. I'm just trying to figure out what to do with it...

Thanks Shawn

clackers
11-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Text me some pics 765/894/2863

clkracer
12-01-2014, 12:13 AM
Also from Iowa, and you do need a title if you plan to ride on the state trails, atleast to get it registered. If it's a race only quad or you plan to ride in places other than state land, you're fine.

ShawnM
12-01-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm not for sure where I was going to ride it, thought about hare scramble races when I bought the youngest one an older DRR 50 but he hasn't raced it either but around the yard.
I know the work on this Honda was done by TNT Honda in Keokuk or Quincy. Not for sure which town their in. I can text pics this weekend when it is light out.

Thank you Shawn. 641-919-0189

ShawnM
12-11-2014, 04:16 AM
Anyone else have any ideas?

SELF27
12-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Do you want help trying to fix? do you know if has spark now? most likely going to need carb clean for sure if sitting three years.