PDA

View Full Version : mouse nest in airbox

civie
03-23-2003, 01:32 PM
maybe someone can help me out here. i went to give my 400 a tune up/ clean up my k&n filter and look out theres a mouse nest in my air box,thank god no mouse.my quad is stored in the garage. i don't get it i've ridden almost every weekend this winter and check filter often,this never happened to any of my bikes b4and they are in same garage. i think they got in from the tube that comes down from up by the gas tank? i was wondering if any one has had this happen and if so how can it be prevented. also is it possible to remove that tube?any help would be great.thanks

4TraxRider
03-23-2003, 01:40 PM
You can remove the snorkel tube, but you have to run it without the airbox lid. www.nacsracing.com makes a plug for it. I don't really know how to keep the mice out. If they want in, they can get into anything. I'd just have to say ride more:blah

NTPRacing#19
03-23-2003, 01:44 PM
i say leave him a nasty lil present for his next adventure into your airbox

lex luger
03-23-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
i say leave him a nasty lil present for his next adventure into your airbox

like posion or a trap?

RytM1
03-23-2003, 02:03 PM
If you think he is getting in through the snorkel, try getting a piece of that black nylon screen door screen. Cut it big enough to cover the intake end of the snorkel, with enough left over so that you can wrap it around the leading 1 to 1-1/2 inches of the snorkel, and fasten it with a zip-tie. It shouldn't affect airflow enough that you would notice any difference. I did this on my old sportbike "ram-air" intake tubes to help keep the bugs out of my airbox, etc., and it worked pretty good.

Jeffksf
03-23-2003, 02:05 PM
That happened to my brother with his CBR600 quite a few years ago.

NTPRacing#19
03-23-2003, 02:05 PM
yea leave a trap with some cheese in your air box, the lil rit is bound to step on it in there lol

RAPTORAZ
03-23-2003, 02:21 PM
You should also look your wiring over very carefully. Rodents are notorious for chewing up wires.

OutlawEX
03-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
You can remove the snorkel tube, but you have to run it without the airbox lid. www.nacsracing.com makes a plug for it. I don't really know how to keep the mice out. If they want in, they can get into anything. I'd just have to say ride more:blah

Chanman420q
03-24-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Jeffksf
That happened to my brother with his CBR600 quite a few years ago.

in my recon too

Steve-o 400EX
03-24-2003, 08:46 AM
Yea it happened to my best friends 400ex over the winter too. They filled the little red thingey at the bottom of the box with $h!+, almost like it was a toilet or something.

Instead of spending money on a blockoff, use a paintcan lid instead. If you find the right one it will fit perfect, just look through the ones in ur garage. I did it for a while.