View Full Version : 05 trx 400 ex no spark PLEASE HELP

tjlee300zxtt
11-15-2014, 06:21 PM
this is my first time posting on here so please let me know if i do something wrong or something right lol any ways i just rescued/bought a 05 400 ex the guy i got it from had drove it in a pond or something he said it was floating in water he told me that he flushed all fluids and it started up and road it once turned it off then went to start it again and got nothing it would turn over but got no spark. so when i got to it he had the kill switch etc. all hacked up he told me i just needed a coil so the first thing i did was order a new switch and ngk coil got the parts with no luck so i found shop manual online and started testing everything hoping i was doing it right lol so i came to the conclusion it was the magneto/stater or maybe the cdi box so i got both off ebay after they arrived and installed them still no spark the only thing left was the rectifier/ alt so back to ebay and ordered that and once again install it with no luck and no spark im out of options ive checked the harness did see anything wrong but it was wet inside the outer coating im really lost hear i don't know what else to do i don't have a lot of money to keep on putting into this bike like this any suggestion are greatly appreciated thanks oh ya some where in there i also bought a new spark plug

ride red 14
11-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Check all your grounds. is the fuse good?