PDA

View Full Version : banquet news

jake55
11-11-2014, 08:45 AM
A lot of great news released at the banquet this year.
back to a 10 round season.
several new tracks.
and DAYTONA!!!!!! what an awesome opportunity to grow the sport!!!!

also, we all had a lot of discussion on here this past summer about Briarcliff. even though that track did not make the list for 2015 one thing that was said is Mr. Osborn was added to the ATVPG. although we all argued and complained about his facilitys the one thing we all agreed on was the effort he put into it. if he approaches his role in the promoters group the way he did his own event I believe a lot of good things will be coming our way in 2015 and beyond.

dang, DAYTONA!!!! cant wait for this one!!!

josborn
11-11-2014, 07:51 PM
A lot of great news released at the banquet this year.
back to a 10 round season.
several new tracks.
and DAYTONA!!!!!! what an awesome opportunity to grow the sport!!!!

also, we all had a lot of discussion on here this past summer about Briarcliff. even though that track did not make the list for 2015 one thing that was said is Mr. Osborn was added to the ATVPG. although we all argued and complained about his facilitys the one thing we all agreed on was the effort he put into it. if he approaches his role in the promoters group the way he did his own event I believe a lot of good things will be coming our way in 2015 and beyond.

dang, DAYTONA!!!! cant wait for this one!!!

I have been invited by Mx sports to be apart of any event I wish to he apart of. I'm thinking in more of a mentoring role , to learn, to work, to contribute to the team any way I can. Meanwhile I have a task list of things to work on to be considered down the road. I'm good with it, I'm pumped that they were impressed enough to invite me onboard.

I walked the track today as I tore down the remaining banners, I have killer ideas for 2015; we will reduce speed, start adding the slower and technical back in, build up our jumps into bigger table style obstacles that are good for everyone! I'm pumped fir the season coming up.

ontargetracing
11-12-2014, 12:34 AM
Did they discuss any rule changes for 2015 ?

LT80
11-12-2014, 05:22 AM
http://atvmotocross.com/events
Where you see Daytona?????
I see Millville...a extra throwout..LOL

jake55
11-12-2014, 05:36 AM
http://atvmotocross.com/events
Where you see Daytona?????
I see Millville...a extra throwout..LOL

it is not listed because it's a non-points race. not all classes are invited. sounds like it will be super-mini and up. it will be the Tuesday after the bikes during bike week.
they said it will be a pre-register only and sounds like it will be limited to 28 per class with only 14 advancing to moto 2. gates only hold 14 quads. they said info will be posted soon.

as far as any rule changes, I did not attend the meetings so someone else will have to answer that one, sorry.

jake55
11-12-2014, 05:53 AM

this is the image they had on the big screen while talking about it.

LT80
11-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Thank you.

josborn
11-13-2014, 04:05 AM
it is not listed because it's a non-points race. not all classes are invited. sounds like it will be super-mini and up. it will be the Tuesday after the bikes during bike week.
they said it will be a pre-register only and sounds like it will be limited to 28 per class with only 14 advancing to moto 2. gates only hold 14 quads. they said info will be posted soon.

as far as any rule changes, I did not attend the meetings so someone else will have to answer that one, sorry.

Must be a bigger gate than all of the supercross races, they hold 22 bikes

jake55
11-13-2014, 04:26 AM
info was very limited during the banquet. we will just have to wait on the official release to know the specifics.

jake55
11-27-2014, 04:51 AM
tentative class structure and proposed rule changes is now posted on the atvmx web site.

pay attention to the rule changes guys, could make a difference at the end of the year!!!

happy thanksgiving everyone!!

LT80
11-27-2014, 06:44 AM
I see that the womens class is no longer production.
The word "shifter" has been removed from the gals youth class. IMO, That was stupid in the first place.
Heck, alot of classes are not production anymore. Good for the aftermarket company's, bad for the wallet I'm thinking.

ontargetracing
11-27-2014, 03:47 PM
No age changes for the cvt classes also like that was put out last year. Thank god.

jake55
12-01-2014, 06:30 AM
the tie breaker proposed rule change is the thing I'm not sure about.
highest finisher at final round decides the tie................that's not good.

and moto 1 gate picks at final round, top 10 get first picks then computer draw for the remainder???????

am I reading all that correctly??

LT80
12-01-2014, 07:22 AM
If there are 2 ppl tied in a class >for first place<, the most wins are used, if still tied, the highest finisher at the last round would get the win.
if 3rd place on down has a tie, the higher finish position at the last round wins.
That's how I read that part.

The other (top 10 gate pics), you are correct.

jake55
12-01-2014, 07:39 AM
wow, that would be fine if we didn't have throw outs. so if your in a tight points race you HAVE to go to the final round and perform well. wow.

p.s. if by chance the 55 is in a tight battle, whoever the other racer is will take the spot, was planning on using the last round for a throw away this year as 2 a days will have started for football. time will tell I guess.