PDA

View Full Version : New 450r Set For 2015

ThePhantomRider
11-08-2014, 09:14 AM
I know people have been waiting forever, I know I have, but I've been informed that there will be new 450r's available in 2015....

Oh and of course it will have BNG...that's a given so let's get it out of the way.

An amazing quad, all I am at liberty to say at this time is that it will have all the build and performance quality you've come to expect from Honda!!!

See you soon....

TPR

Tagels
11-08-2014, 09:31 AM
Hmmm. I REALLY want to believe you, lets hope its true!

ThePhantomRider
11-08-2014, 09:35 AM
You have the TPR Guarantee, new 450r's in showrooms in 2015

DnB_racing
11-09-2014, 11:19 AM

might be a little too late!!!

for sales to make a comeback it better be amazing

blacknblue#2
11-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Ive watched this guy give his thoughts for years. A lot of times his info has been somewhat close to what happens. With that being said Honda has not released a 15 400ex or 450r. I hope something happens. Do I think it will fly off showroom floors? No but it will sell. The yfzr sells!!!!

miles Machine
11-09-2014, 06:41 PM
ooo boy here we go again...this guy is a joke.....if im wrong and 2015 yields a new 450 atv from honda i will fully apologize but i doubt that will happen lol

cooper505
11-12-2014, 10:26 AM
This better be true because my 2004 TRX450R is tired. I am trying to decide if I want to dump a bunch of money (again) into my 450 or finally depart from my Honda ways and go with Yamaha. At the moment, Yamaha is the only company offering anything worth getting that is new. I like the KTMs but they're gone. I like the Polaris with IRS and KTM motor but they're gone. I like the 700xx (own one) but they're gone too. And I can't justify buying the current Honda 450 because it's more or less what I have now, but my current 450 is fully built. If Honda actually brings a new quad to the market, I will be first in line to buy it.

cooper505
11-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Oh, and what's "BNG" stand for?

desratt
11-15-2014, 12:26 AM
Oh, and what's "BNG" stand for?

Bold new graphics.
This guys has been saying this for almost a decade. I gurantee. If he is in the know He would never be "at liberty to say" until Honda makes the announcement. But yes I hope I'm wrong.

CJM
11-15-2014, 07:14 AM
This moron does this every single year and gets off by doing so. Dont listen to a word he says.

Balaz_73*00
11-16-2014, 07:10 PM
I disagree, TPR has a proven record. I follow his word for years..

blacknblue#2
11-17-2014, 07:12 AM

I agree. I don't follow his word 100% but he has been close on a lot of quads before they were released. I do think Honda has some sort of new 450 planned and/or built but I think its a small quantity until they get ready to release. I do think the economy played a big part in it. I think yamaha was just too deep into the yfzr to back out when quad sales took a dump

jcs003
11-17-2014, 03:06 PM
i dont see it happening.

john

blacknblue#2
11-17-2014, 03:32 PM
In all honesty noone seen the 400ex happening either. Most ppl were determined sport quads were a dying breed. Nothing had been updated in 6 years. Before the 400 the last update was when the 250x transformed Into the 300ex in 93

450rtt
11-18-2014, 10:33 AM

He's been wrong for about the past 7 years making this claim every single year! Once again he has proven himself wrong, there is no NEW 450 for the 2015 release, it's already been confirmed. I personally do not follow a guys word when he makes the same BS claim on an annual basis. It is no secret that honda has built a new 450, the question is, when does it get released? not this year unfortunately.

blacknblue#2
11-18-2014, 02:58 PM
He's been wrong for about the past 7 years making this claim every single year! Once again he has proven himself wrong, there is no NEW 450 for the 2015 release, it's already been confirmed. I personally do not follow a guys word when he makes the same BS claim on an annual basis. It is no secret that honda has built a new 450, the question is, when does it get released? not this year unfortunately.

Show me where it has been 100% confirmed at? Honda site still shows a 2014 model year only so as far as I'm concerned....nothing is official yet?

zyoung04
11-18-2014, 09:20 PM
Just no one bring up about it being aluminum frame and fuel injected. That's a sin in some people's mind and makes them go into a rage and do this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DJWWa0l-ZDE

IMSROLL450R
11-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Same chit different year. How can anyone still believe this clown? Every damn year. Jesus

venom108
11-21-2014, 08:22 PM
TPR is a toolbag, like everyone said of course Honda has a new 450 but when they will release it is still a mystery. People who really know what's going on wouldn't post on an internet forum. Either their job or a friend who told them job would be on the line.

desratt
11-24-2014, 09:50 PM
if he keeps predicting it every year. he will eventually be right.
I have actually seen a Honda announcement for the 2015 450r and it is the same bike. does not mean they wont have a different edition like a trx450rr or a early 2016.
I hope so but not getting my hopes too high.

www.rectires.com

blacknblue#2
11-25-2014, 06:48 AM
I have actually seen a Honda announcement for the 2015 450r and it is the same bike. does not mean they wont have a different edition like a trx450rr or a early 2016.

www.rectires.com
I'm not getting my hopes up either but what I don't get is, if the 15 is the same quad then why not release it in September when all the others were released. It would be a simple release. Copy and past the specs and change the year lol

blacknblue#2
11-25-2014, 06:51 AM

www.rectires.com
I'm not getting my hopes up either but what I don't get is, if the 15 is the same quad then why not release it in September when all the others were released. It would be a simple release. Copy and past the specs and change the year lol

desratt
11-25-2014, 09:16 PM
actually if you google the 2015 trx 450r was released in july 1st. in the last 6 or so years Honda hasn't been doing the sept released like they used to now they release 2 or 3 then a month or so later they release 2 or 3 more till they are done. usually it all has to do on how much stock there is left from the previous year.

blacknblue#2
11-26-2014, 04:11 AM
I googled 2015 Honda trx450r. The top search was posted on July 1 by a site called allabouthonda. I clicked on it and within 15 seconds I saw 2 obvious things. The wording was copy and pasted and the huge red flag was the fact that their release picture is of a 2004 450r Haha. In my experience of chasing rumors and interweb Einsteins I've learned that nothing is official until its on the manufactures official website

SHIFTx450
02-01-2015, 09:17 AM
What's up with the March 2015 cover of Dirtwheels?

desratt
02-01-2015, 09:27 AM
if you read the article it says this is what we think Honda could easily and should make. it also has other bikes in there.

SHIFTx450
02-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Oh, I only saw the cover in my email. I haven't received my issue yet.

desratt
02-01-2015, 09:07 PM
it had me excited. but for the last 10 years I have seen the release on this website before any magazine.

400cc
03-18-2015, 05:09 PM
no new 450r yet for 2015, heres what honda said about 2016 models, but it could change

Missing from this list are the TRX400X and TRX450R. Like TRX250X, neither was offered as a 2015 model. Unlike the TRX250X, Honda confirmed to ATV.com that neither will be offered at 2016 models.

desratt
03-19-2015, 06:51 PM
no new 450r yet for 2015, heres what honda said about 2016 models, but it could change

Missing from this list are the TRX400X and TRX450R. Like TRX250X, neither was offered as a 2015 model. Unlike the TRX250X, Honda confirmed to ATV.com that neither will be offered at 2016 models.

whats your source?

400cc
03-19-2015, 07:54 PM
it was in my atv.com newsletter, i also found the link on there webpage if anyone would like to read it

i dont know how accurate the atv.com website is

http://www.atv.com/manufacturers/honda/honda-announces-returning-2016-atv-models-2390.html

Ruf Racing
03-20-2015, 11:03 AM
Is anyone, surprised? NOT!!!!!!!! There money is made, at the ones that have the new models for 2016. Mud and general riding. The sport quad guys, are a rare breed.

CJM
03-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Why would you change something that most find has nothing really wrong with it? it works for the majority and thats what matters Look at yamaha, all these stupid different models..aint no one buying them. Everywhere I ride, sport quad of choice is a honda it seems-always the majority.

blacknblue#2
03-21-2015, 07:20 AM
Follow GNCC this season, yamaha is obviously selling. Every row is full of them

CJM
03-21-2015, 08:03 AM
Follow GNCC this season, yamaha is obviously selling. Every row is full of them
Maybe at the races, but every recreational area I go to its littered with hondas old and new.

ThePhantomRider
07-19-2015, 02:16 AM
So the new details are as follows....
All new hybrid alloy frame which allows a rider through HRC, to fine tune not only the flex in the frame, but make subtle changes to the overall fit of rider to quad. Adjustable peg locations ensure that more riders than ever will be able to find the ideal rider position.
Seating will be optional upon purchase. A choice of three seating options will be available, lo pro for light weight, ideal for MX. woods option with more foam but still light, and standard which will be the plushest of all.
Motor will be an advanced 450cc TRX exclusive with dry sump lubrication, electric with kickstart back up, a 6 speed close ratio transmission, fuel injection and a cold air ram intake airbox for extra flow. To save weight, a titanium header will be standard, and again, to be totally configurable, different options available at purchase to best suit the quad to your riding style.
Suspension will be revolutionary...to improve rear suspension response and eliminate chain slack, the frame and transmission have been redesigned, with the pivot point of the swing arm being in line with the output shaft, instead of having the pivot bolt pass through the rear engine mount, two separate bolts position the swing arm with the counter sprocket being housed inside the swing arm yet still easily changeable. The result is the swing arm will go through it's entire stroke with no tension or slack in the chain resulting in more consistent suspension action and power delivery. The rear drive uses a split sprocket for ease of removal all while centralizing mass.
The front suspension is just as revolutionary with pushrod and bell crank setup with the shocks being mounted within the frame rails. In another first, a micro rack and pinion has been designed to eliminate bump steer and return a more precise steering action.
The front hubs have been designed along with the spindles, to place the center of the tires on the center line of the spindle pivot further giving the 450 the most accurate and tunable steering in the history of sport atv's.
Anti vibration stem is standard as it hydraulic clutch. Bodywork is 30% lighter than in the past with the ability to modify fenders with a line of shape and size options to suit your riding style.

In addition there will be several option packages if you wish to order your TRX fully customized:
Trail Star: 47" width, extra clearance lower a-arms, nerf bars, trail spec tires, carbon kevlar underside protection, and hand guards are included.
Desert Star: 50" width, dune spec paddle tires or desert-off road heavy duty tires, HID lighting options are included.
Trick Star: 49" width, stiffer suspension settings and unique grab handle options are included.
Moto Star: 50" width, nerf bars, light weight accessories are included.

Thank you for your patience, this has indeed been a long and tiresome road, I am glad to have been a beacon of light and if you read all the way down to this sentence, I am truly sorry, but my Honda insider says unless we have another financial boon that sends people back to the dealerships, they have no intention of developing a new sport quad. What I listed above was actually some of the real details, some of the things listed were actually mocked up in our long since closed shop, especially the steering and suspension. There was a fully running prototype BITD, some of you probably had seen it without knowing it because it was disguised in Kawasaki body work.

TPR

SHIFTx450
07-19-2015, 04:56 AM
All new hybrid alloy frame which allows a rider through HRC, to fine tune not only the flex in the frame, but make subtle changes to the overall fit of rider to quad. Adjustable peg locations ensure that more riders than ever will be able to find the ideal rider position.
Seating will be optional upon purchase. A choice of three seating options will be available, lo pro for light weight, ideal for MX. woods option with more foam but still light, and standard which will be the plushest of all.
Motor will be an advanced 450cc TRX exclusive with dry sump lubrication, electric with kickstart back up, a 6 speed close ratio transmission, fuel injection and a cold air ram intake airbox for extra flow. To save weight, a titanium header will be standard, and again, to be totally configurable, different options available at purchase to best suit the quad to your riding style.
Suspension will be revolutionary...to improve rear suspension response and eliminate chain slack, the frame and transmission have been redesigned, with the pivot point of the swing arm being in line with the output shaft, instead of having the pivot bolt pass through the rear engine mount, two separate bolts position the swing arm with the counter sprocket being housed inside the swing arm yet still easily changeable. The result is the swing arm will go through it's entire stroke with no tension or slack in the chain resulting in more consistent suspension action and power delivery. The rear drive uses a split sprocket for ease of removal all while centralizing mass.
The front suspension is just as revolutionary with pushrod and bell crank setup with the shocks being mounted within the frame rails. In another first, a micro rack and pinion has been designed to eliminate bump steer and return a more precise steering action.
The front hubs have been designed along with the spindles, to place the center of the tires on the center line of the spindle pivot further giving the 450 the most accurate and tunable steering in the history of sport atv's.
Anti vibration stem is standard as it hydraulic clutch. Bodywork is 30% lighter than in the past with the ability to modify fenders with a line of shape and size options to suit your riding style.

In addition there will be several option packages if you wish to order your TRX fully customized:
Trail Star: 47" width, extra clearance lower a-arms, nerf bars, trail spec tires, carbon kevlar underside protection, and hand guards are included.
Desert Star: 50" width, dune spec paddle tires or desert-off road heavy duty tires, HID lighting options are included.
Trick Star: 49" width, stiffer suspension settings and unique grab handle options are included.

Thank you for your patience, this has indeed been a long and tiresome road, I am glad to have been a beacon of light and if you read all the way down to this sentence, I am truly sorry, but my Honda insider says unless we have another financial boon that sends people back to the dealerships, they have no intention of developing a new sport quad. What I listed above was actually some of the real details, some of the things listed were actually mocked up in our long since closed shop, especially the steering and suspension. There was a fully running prototype BITD, some of you probably had seen it without knowing it because it was disguised in Kawasaki body work.

TPR

Thank you.

fastredrider44
07-20-2015, 08:40 AM
So all that being said and you finish by saying they're not even going to make the thing?

desratt
07-20-2015, 09:05 AM
but I thought it was already "developed" I dont believe a thing this guy says. My thoughts are as emission rules change that will dictate when something changes like efi. only time will tell.

blacknblue#2
07-21-2015, 05:21 AM
unless we have another financial boon that sends people back to the dealerships, they have no intention of developing a new sport quad.
TPR

THIS is the only thing accurate in that whole story you wasted 15 minutes on

desratt
07-22-2015, 12:01 PM
THIS is the only thing accurate in that whole story you wasted 15 minutes on

except for the word developing because
http://ip.com/pat/us8007005
and
http://ip.com/pat/us7954835

prove it is developed.

jcs003
07-24-2015, 01:19 PM
impossible to believe.

john

Steveo525
07-28-2015, 11:01 AM

TPR

Lol, TPR. Your post reminds me of the days of the mythical TRX500R that Honda already had designed and produced and then magically decided to scrap before shipping to dealers. Btw, people are still running to the dealers and spending tons of money in the power sports industry. They are just buying Polaris, Can Am, Arctic Cat and Yamaha and spending 20-25K on sport SXS. No worries though just like in the 90's and early 2000's Yamaha is still motivated to produce new and updated quads for their customers and not abandon them like Honda, Kawi and Suzuki.

Anyways, let's break a few things down in this new mythical 450R. First and foremost, There is no way Honda is going to use a hydraulic clutch. We have seen their philosophy in the mx 2-wheeler market. They were going to do one over 2 years ago but production costs are too high and that idea was done away with.

Also, no way in Hell that they were going to offer electric start w/ kick star backup. They have already chit canned the kicker on their TRX years ago. Once again, production costs are too high for them to offer different variations of the same quad.

As far as having multiple platforms and setups for different riding enviroments, not a chance in Hell would Honda produce any such thing. Hondas ATV philosophy has never changed over the years. They have always built a solid base set-up and left it to the aftermarket to customize. The one time Honda tried to re-invent their sport ATV's, they failed miserably (TRX 700XX).

Bottom line is, if Honda had decided to update the TRX450R it would have been nothing more than fuel injection, updated plastics and BNG and maybe just maybe an aluminum/steel hybrid frame. Those are all great ideas that you have listed when and if Honda went to the drawing board but the reality of it is that most of those ideas would have never come to fruition during production. Sorry to say, but they are done and all you Honda 450R die hards will be in the same boat as the 250R guys back in the day.

I finally had to move on after 20 years of rebuilding my 250R and and the 450r guys will be in the same position. Only difference is that it was a lot cheaper to re-build the 250R.

jcs003
08-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Lol, TPR. Your post reminds me of the days of the mythical TRX500R that Honda already had designed and produced and then magically decided to scrap before shipping to dealers. Btw, people are still running to the dealers and spending tons of money in the power sports industry. They are just buying Polaris, Can Am, Arctic Cat and Yamaha and spending 20-25K on sport SXS. No worries though just like in the 90's and early 2000's Yamaha is still motivated to produce new and updated quads for their customers and not abandon them like Honda, Kawi and Suzuki.

Anyways, let's break a few things down in this new mythical 450R. First and foremost, There is no way Honda is going to use a hydraulic clutch. We have seen their philosophy in the mx 2-wheeler market. They were going to do one over 2 years ago but production costs are too high and that idea was done away with.

Also, no way in Hell that they were going to offer electric start w/ kick star backup. They have already chit canned the kicker on their TRX years ago. Once again, production costs are too high for them to offer different variations of the same quad.

As far as having multiple platforms and setups for different riding enviroments, not a chance in Hell would Honda produce any such thing. Hondas ATV philosophy has never changed over the years. They have always built a solid base set-up and left it to the aftermarket to customize. The one time Honda tried to re-invent their sport ATV's, they failed miserably (TRX 700XX).

Bottom line is, if Honda had decided to update the TRX450R it would have been nothing more than fuel injection, updated plastics and BNG and maybe just maybe an aluminum/steel hybrid frame. Those are all great ideas that you have listed when and if Honda went to the drawing board but the reality of it is that most of those ideas would have never come to fruition during production. Sorry to say, but they are done and all you Honda 450R die hards will be in the same boat as the 250R guys back in the day.

I finally had to move on after 20 years of rebuilding my 250R and and the 450r guys will be in the same position. Only difference is that it was a lot cheaper to re-build the 250R.

well said!!!

john

CJM
08-02-2015, 08:41 PM
TPR always makes these bs claims..look at the post history..

desratt
08-02-2015, 10:52 PM
yep. his post history is new 450r set for 2010, new 450r set for 2011, new 450r set for 2012, new 450r set for 2013, new 450r set for 2014, new 450r set for well you get the point.

Logan #34's Dad
08-21-2015, 10:27 AM
I wish we knew some folks from across the pond... Rumor has it, the boys from Cali are testing the NEW 450 over there.

blacknblue#2
08-22-2015, 07:00 AM
I wish we knew some folks from across the pond... Rumor has it, the boys from Cali are testing the NEW 450 over there.

How reliable of a source did this rumor come from. Im just curious cause I heard rumor years ago that a NEW 450 was spotted setting in an assembly plant by a UPS driver......this was 5 years ago

cheetah
08-25-2015, 06:12 AM
I was told by a very reputable source it is built and has been built for years now. They started out on it while the sport was still booming in 08 when KTM, Suz, etc came to the game. Problem was by the time they were finished with it, the market was gone so there it sits. I have no doubt in my mind they built it, but it would be foolish as a business decision to go through with production right now. Yamaha is making new bikes, but they're not exactly flying off the floors. There really is no room for two manufacturer's right now. It will be out whenever the market starts to come back after everyone burns out on SxSs. My guess is at least another 3 years out more likely 4-5.

Logan #34's Dad
08-31-2015, 07:54 AM
How reliable of a source did this rumor come from. Im just curious cause I heard rumor years ago that a NEW 450 was spotted setting in an assembly plant by a UPS driver......this was 5 years ago
IF anyone is tight with the Works Series Champion - HE CAN confirm this info...

I saw where Hetrick's have put a CRF450r EFI into a TRX chassis.... I saw it with my own eyes, looks great and according to the mechanic - bone stock its putting out 49ish HP on their drum. Compared to what for a stock TRX? A simple cam change and high compression piston on the CRF and what would that take it up too?

blacknblue#2
08-31-2015, 08:33 AM
IF anyone is tight with the Works Series Champion - HE CAN confirm this info...

I saw where Hetrick's have put a CRF450r EFI into a TRX chassis.... I saw it with my own eyes, looks great and according to the mechanic - bone stock its putting out 49ish HP on their drum. Compared to what for a stock TRX? A simple cam change and high compression piston on the CRF and what would that take it up too?

I hope its true then, as far as a CRF motor, yeah they put out big ponies in stock form, but we will never get a stock CRF motor in a 450R from the Honda assembly line. It will be knocked down and detuned to a weak underpowered disappointment, we will have to find the power ourself. They done it with the 250r, they done it with the 400EX, they done it with the 450R and they will continue to insult the quads.

cheetah
08-31-2015, 09:20 AM
It's not that they want to insult the quads it is because of EPA emissions requirements. Quads have always had to abide by certain emissions standards whereas bikes can get labeled as "closed course only" and not have to. The EPA will not allow any quads be labeled "closed course only" That is the biggest reason there are no more 450rs or 400s being built because new emissions will not allow a carbed machine to pass. In stock form the Yamaha FI is extremely restricted. These days manufacturers are having to force fuel into the cylinder with FI because I don't think they could pull a strong enough vacuum to run the way the they're shipping out if they were carbed. Nobody really wants that but that is the game the EPA is playing and the big fine they slapped on Suzuki years ago was the proof they weren't kidding.

desratt
08-31-2015, 02:20 PM
i'll ask beau.

desratt
08-31-2015, 02:27 PM
he said nope. he wishes

jcs003
10-10-2015, 09:53 AM
I hope its true then, as far as a CRF motor, yeah they put out big ponies in stock form, but we will never get a stock CRF motor in a 450R from the Honda assembly line. It will be knocked down and detuned to a weak underpowered disappointment, we will have to find the power ourself. They done it with the 250r, they done it with the 400EX, they done it with the 450R and they will continue to insult the quads.

well stated.

john

yfzfelix
01-02-2016, 08:12 PM

1-2-2016 and still no new quad, your guarantee isn't worth a damn is it ?

desratt
01-03-2016, 02:34 PM
it was a typo , damn auto correct.

Steveo525
12-26-2016, 09:28 PM
DONE! For all of you Honda fanboys still getting your hopes up at least now, you won't lose anymore sleep. 1989 all over again.

http://www.atvrider.com/2017-honda450r-400x?src=SOC&dom=fb

Logan #34's Dad
12-28-2016, 04:32 PM
DONE! For all of you Honda fanboys still getting your hopes up at least now, you won't lose anymore sleep. 1989 all over again.

http://www.atvrider.com/2017-honda450r-400x?src=SOC&dom=fb

Be patient my friends, be patient... 2018 will be bright. Mark it down, you heard it here 1st.. Ya'all like Aluminum? :blah:

yfzfelix
12-28-2016, 10:05 PM
Be patient my friends, be patient... 2018 will be bright. Mark it down, you heard it here 1st.. Ya'all like Aluminum? :blah:

not going to hold my breath and would not buy a new one anyway, last time I looked at a new 450 they were over 7 thousand dollars, I can buy a damn nice race car for that kind of money and I did buy one because Honda would not give the customers a updated quad

CJM
01-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Im not sure what the big deal is about there being a new 450. Honda is never one to do really innovative things. They put out a well made product and its simple. Thats what keeps them afloat, they dont change anything for eons either. So the machines are stupid simple and reliable and well made. Want to customize it-go for it. All I know is there is no 450 that has that nice down low power the honda does. It hits much harder stock than anything else. Totally stock today alone I had two very experienced dirt bike riders having trouble keeping up. One had a kawi 250 and the other a ktm 350. My bike is literally bone stock besides a green wire being cut and some tires.

EFi isnt the end all, I like a carb. Easy to tune and compensate for various different things. No I dont wanna play with the computer and map it either. An aluminum frame would be nice however for weight and better shocks.

If you dont like the honda you can buy something else.