PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coating Rims

Pacheco_450r
10-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Hey guys this might be a dumb question, but what is your guys' experience with buying rims and then getting them powder coated? I know you can buy some that are already done from the manufacturer, but I didn't know if anyone has had their own done and had issues with bead seating etc. Im looking at some bead locks but they are only available in brushed aluminum. I'd like to get them powder coated but figured I'd make sure it wasn't a bad move before I pull the trigger.

miller821
10-30-2014, 09:20 PM
I've powder coated ATV and Automotive rims, for myself and others, and have never had a problem. The Mil thickness for most powders is around 2-3mils. For comparison, a standard sheet of copy paper is 4mils. So we're talking a very thin layer.

Pacheco_450r
11-03-2014, 03:39 PM
I've powder coated ATV and Automotive rims, for myself and others, and have never had a problem. The Mil thickness for most powders is around 2-3mils. For comparison, a standard sheet of copy paper is 4mils. So we're talking a very thin layer.

Thanks for the help!

TTracer#22
11-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the help!

I have also powder coated all of Brock wheels when he was racing Quad X and Worcs never had an issue everything sealed up fine