PDA

View Full Version : borich or fowler? 2014 gncc champ

400man
10-23-2014, 08:15 PM
whos everybody got their money on for the winner for the ironman race for the gncc championship? borich and fowler are tied in points, so whoever wins the race gets the championship! im gonna have say, its prolly gonna be borich, he may pull one of his last minute passes and win it.

i have my last race of my local xc series this saturday, im ready to win my class as long as i dont have any bad luck.

Blodg
10-23-2014, 09:05 PM
I am kind of hoping Fowler can pull it out just for something different but I wouldn't bet against Borich!

Good luck on your last race.

400man
10-23-2014, 10:11 PM
thanks! yea it would be pretty awesome if fowler won it. ballance had it for 9 years, barry hawk several years before him. and borich has it now.....its time for some new blood lol.

MtnEX
10-23-2014, 10:24 PM
I personally have said for a while Fowler would have a championship and 2014 is going to be the year if nothing fluke happens Saturday.

My opinion is, Fowler is finally riding a package he is conditioned to, comfortable on, and he's having fun too, which is good for the flow.

Fowler is on a high right now while Borich is in a rut, and Borich no longer has the motors to do what he used to. I just don't see it happening unless he has access to one of his old motors. And I have to wonder even if he does, if he has the conditioning for one of those charges on it.

I just really think Fowler is going to win this one. It would not even be a tie right now if it had not been for a fluke broken chain earlier in the year.

fastredrider44
10-24-2014, 08:43 AM
My money is on Borich, and I'm not a big fan of Borich either.

DragonGunner
10-24-2014, 09:39 AM
No way to tell on this one, but I'm pulling for Fowler. Going to be a great day, about 67 degrees and shouldn't be too dusty, conditions will be at their best. I have gone to watch for several years, raced it one year, not sure if I will go this year or not, just got back from riding HMT in WV this week.

MtnEX
10-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Well, ol Borich got him another one. It couldn't have been any closer though... and he did mention on the podium he brought some of his old people back to the shop to get the bike prepared for this one. So...

Fowler also bent an axle real bad on the last lap which could not have been a lot of fun right there at the very end on the MX and field stuff. He was having a ball though even in the final stretch, passing Borich back and dang near high 5'ing fans down the pro row stretch, etc.

If he can keep that rolling into 2015, man it will be tough to hold him back if starting out this well at the first of the season.