PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice...

trailrider894
10-14-2014, 06:17 AM
Alright guys, as most of you know I have been serving the Army for a few years now and recently got married. Well as my time is drawing near to get out of the military, my wife and I have been discussing where we want to locate post military. I am from Mid Missouri and she is from Arizona near Tucson. She is set on us moving back to Arizona and her parents are almost harassing about us " not having a choice ", but to move to Arizona. Well here is the deal... I have been attending college for wildlife biology with the plans of working with Whitetail Deer Management or planning on becoming a Conservation Officer in Missouri. My other option was to go back home and work on and run the farm I grew up on, which really has been my life long dream. From reason I have never even imagined or could imagine what it would be like to be away from Missouri ( outside of the military, which has had me all over the country ). I love it back home more than anything, its where I imagine my white picket fence and kids running around and stuff, but my wife is so dead set on us moving to AZ that I almost cant even mention me wanting to stay in MO or else it causes some huge argument. Just wondering what you guys would do? I mean it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but all the things I've always wanted to do with my life can't be done in AZ. I cant work with Deer Management so closely like I could MO, because one they don't have a whitetail population and two you can't to TSI and Food Plots in the middle of the Desert..... I could go back to Law Enforcement in AZ, but I've spent enough of my life dodging bullets at this point and its time to calm down and do some work where I have a better chance of coming home to my wife and pup at night.

blacknblue#2
10-14-2014, 11:33 AM
It sounds like you have deep roots in MO (the family farm and such). How deep are your wife's roots in AZ past her mom and dad. Do they have a big chunk of assets out there with a strong history? If we are talking about a small house on a .3 acre plot of land and no other family around then it sounds like you have more to walk from. Truthfully where you plant your roots is probably the biggest decision of your life, if she cant or will not even listen to you on a decision like this then you may want to question if its meant to be. Thats something that needs to be thought of before you dive into a mortgage and children. Im from southern ohio and have been to Tucson, nothing in Tucson interested me.