PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about 300ex??

yellowrider
12-14-2001, 09:30 PM
ok today when i got it back from the shop. i was happy nothing was wrong with it. then i start thinking why did i get this?? mainly the only reason i got this is because it was a honda. now i am wishing that i got a warrior or a raptor casue both have reveres.

what is the 300ex good foor besides handling?? you all dog on it all the time.... i beat lots of warriors besides moded ones. but hey mine is stock!! what do y ou expect. my top speed is well beyond 53 like everyone else says it is. i have no promblems climbing hills just rev it up and take off as fast as your ablities and you will make it up. or less you have bold tires (in my case) "thinking about getting sur tracks or dirt devils" anybody have any comments on them.. riding them increeks is fun. on a 300ex and also slingen some mud. not good in thick mud though. or less you have lots of momotum. " and that always doesnt work." do you all consider it being the slowest sport quad besides the mojavo and the blaster. i am not going to ask about the warrior caue you all htink the warrior is the stuff compared to the 300ex. personally only thing i can see wrong is the way it is shaped up front. it looks sorta stupid with that big sqaure light on it. but other than that i think it is awesome..
with my experience around quads. i think it has alot of accelration for it to be stock and i see nothing wrong with it and it shouldnt be considered as a beginer quad. what do you think of a 300ex

12-15-2001, 07:33 AM
compared to other sport quads in its class it comes out #1.

first off...(not in order)
1-its a honda
2-best handling (in its class)
3-best brakes (in its class)
4-best wheelier (comes in 2nd behind the 400ex)
5-best jumper (in its class)
6-"plush" ride while riding in the woods (comfy)

its not no hi-performance quad or mx racer.
with mods you can make it right up there with the 400ex.
its an awesome trail bike.
i owned a warrior befor i bought my 300ex. the warrior was a little bit faster but it handled like $@#%, couldnt wheelie,was very heavy, and well...it was a yamaha, i had to replace things all the time on it. the warrior was a little bit faster and a little bit beter for trail riding.

i think you amde the right des. getting a 300ex.

sorry so long
zack

12-15-2001, 01:39 PM
I love the 300ex. I had a 99, then I went to the 2000 400ex, then to a 2001 polaris sportsman and now I own a 2002 300ex, and I love it just as much as befoer that is why I went back to her. You can't beat it for a fun filled trail machine that will last if taken care of. so far I have added dg swingarm skid, chassis skid, prm baja front and rear bumpers, 38mm pe carb, k&n airfilet, outerwear for filter, outwear airbox lid modded to stock lid, white bros e-series full exhaust and a no limit cid mod by duncan racing. Now I need some tires and front shocks and I will be in there. I stock vs stock form, I can waste my friend on his warrior through thte trails and in 200 fot drag races, only place he can get me is where I am wound for sound in 5th and he is wound for sound in 6th, but hey it is 50cc smaller than the warrior. I like both machines. He is slightly heavier and about 4 inches taller than me and the warrior fits him perfectly as does my 300ex to me. Thats my input bud. 300ex is #1 in my book.

Chef
12-15-2001, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by yellowrider
ok today when i got it back from the shop. i was happy nothing was wrong with it. then i start thinking why did i get this?? mainly the only reason i got this is because it was a honda. now i am wishing that i got a warrior or a raptor casue both have reveres.

the 300 has reverse too, ya know

yellowrider
12-15-2001, 04:52 PM
hey you guys doing today.... i went riding on the 300ex today rode hard. hiut some trails and mud. and so far no leaki rode at least 10 miles on black top causae i want to go visit my friend. he also just got his 300ex back today but we didnt get to race. i like his it is a 1997 300ex and has a tooth larger counter sprocket you odnt lose to much bottom in. it sorta helped him in a way instead of being in 3rd going up a hill. he can be in second adn still have power. or first in some cases when i have to be in second.

i noticed not to long ago that my 4 wheeler starts to wanna die out when i go through some deep creeks.... i am not talking about over the handle bars either..... i am talking about 1 or 2 inches past the tires.. do you have any idea what i can do to fix or solve this promblem.... cause alot of are trail rides require going through some deep creeks , and mud.. most of the time i have to get pulled out of the mud cause of my ground clearance.. but every now and then i hit it rigt and go right through it....

just dont seem to have enough power for me. when i had my scrammy 40 .80 cluthch kit , fmf and some small stuff i liked it but i always ride a 300ex if my buddy would trade me caues it was so much easier to ride on trails. NICE handling the srambler didnt handle to well in my opinion and was not good in mud...

anybody els4e have anything to say about a 300ex and why you got it instead of another quad...

330exracer
12-15-2001, 05:14 PM
300ex are a very nice quad. to bad i can't drive a stock one. i tried to drive on a day or to ago. well i couldn't do it. im not used to have no power. its so smooth. mine acts like a 2 stroke. its very jerky

yellowrider
12-15-2001, 05:52 PM
mine is only jerky 1-3 gear then it really smooths out.. hey i have a question.... do you have to put oil in your 300ex often. cause it seems like every time i check it it doesnt have as much.. i know stuff burns oil but does it supposed to do it that quick. i am starting to get a little worried about that..... how does your big bore perform does it over heat a lot...

oh do you guys think it is my oil that i am using i think i am using hp 10-40 or something i am not for sure i will check . cause i have to go out there and clean my filiter before i get to lazy..

i post this already but my bill of sales said it has 22.1 horsepower (S.A.E.) or less that stands for something else i dont know ..

anways my point for this thread does your 300ex burn alot of oil?

330exracer
12-15-2001, 06:30 PM
my quad is jerky in all gears. i could be goin in 5th gear goin like 10mph give it enough pull a wheelie. and yah my quad does burn a lilte oil but not to bad o well

330exracer
12-15-2001, 06:31 PM
o yah i got to change my oil like everyother week and it does overheat but i don't care i drive it harder and not let it rest.

yellowrider
12-16-2001, 08:53 AM
i hope somebody around here gets a 330 kit i have never rode a 330ex you make it seem bad... if i diidndt buy mine brand new i might hae consider putting a 330 in it. but i dont think i will caue i odnt know if i am going to keep it or not and i dont know if i should cause i be losig more money when i sell it.... most people in my area does not like 4 wheelers bored out. that i ride with anywyas. they just like simple mods. i am going to start all over i got it filled to the o on the oil stick and i am going to see how long that last today. cause i am going to go trail riding..

oh when i check my oil i do not let it warm up. i just check it before i get on. does that make a difference?? that could be my problem. anybody thank so ..