PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rid of the Headlight

MoparManiac117
09-29-2014, 07:57 PM
So I finally did my first XC race this weekend and I learned a few things. One thing I need some advice on is getting rid of the headlight. 07 400EX and I've now broken two headlights. Both of them from impacts, both of them broke the plastic tabs that the rubber grommets and bolts go through. I know there are race one piece front ends that get rid of the hood and headlight. But I don't like how the front fenders are trimmed. I already don't have much splash protection from the stock front fenders and these are even smaller. Any suggestions for getting rid of the headlight and not losing any splash protection?

Also, any suggestions for good front bumpers for XC?

slightlybent47
09-30-2014, 05:47 AM
Get some cheap fleabay used ones, I like having them for one because I do like to night ride from time o time. and its probably more aerodynamic.

MoparManiac117
09-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Doesn't Maier or somebody make a hood that mounts to the stock plastics but covers up where the headlight would be?

CJM
09-30-2014, 03:01 PM
I got a set that the tabs are somewhat messed up, the lenses are good though. I fixed them to a degree and they held up ok but I didnt hit anyone lol.

Gimme 10 bucks plus shipping and they are yours if you want. PM me.

MoparManiac117
09-30-2014, 06:17 PM
Lol. I'll take it as a spare one since the one I broke racing is in the woods somewhere in Clay City KY. I've got a buddy who's a body guy fixing my other one I broke earlier this year with some kind of trick plastic epoxy he uses. He can probably fix the one you've got too. I just want something to eliminate the possibility all together while I'm racing. I found the Maier hood that eliminates the headlight. I'm just gonna grab one of those. Then I can pop the stock hood back on and the headlight back in if I want to night ride.

I'm gonna grab a Pro Armor XC bumper too.

Send me your PayPal info or however you want to handle payment. It fits an '07, right?

CJM
09-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Aw dang man Im sorry, I didnt realize you had a newer 400 when I read your original post. Its for the old bugeye setup from the 99-04. Drat i thought I could finally get ride of the damn thing too...

MoparManiac117
10-01-2014, 06:32 AM
No big deal. If I can find one cheap, I'll jump on it. If not, we rarely night ride anyway.