PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket slip on

01 400EXer
09-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Looking to buy a used slip on, so let me know what you have and please post or send me a picture to cacramer1@hotmail.com

Dritto
09-10-2014, 02:53 PM
I recommend the HMF Competition Series ;)

https://cloudup.com/cXS2R5eSWWX

01 400EXer
09-11-2014, 07:25 AM
PM me with how much you are looking to get for it shipped to Maryland with a 21774 zip code?

Dritto
09-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Sorry, I thought you were looking for recommendations and photos of slip-ons. Mine's not for sale.

slightlybent47
09-17-2014, 09:55 AM
If you have a stock motor all the slip on will do is make it louder but it will save a few pounds since the stocker is so heavy.
After market pipes and slipon's are best used with other motor mods.
The pipe alone will not make any more power.
In fact it could actually make it slower because the back presser is not correct.
The head pipe is the part that actually opens up the exhaust not the muffler.
It's an expensive part that doesn't do much if any good on a stock motor.
Hope that helps.

If you plan on doing other motor mads then yes a pipe can help.
If your concerned with performance, check your tire tread.
Tires are where you get and loose the most performance.
All the power in the world can't help you if you can't put it to the ground.

01 400EXer
09-18-2014, 07:15 PM
I appreciate your input and know exactly what you are talking about. I have been on bikes and atvs for 33 years. A 400EX with a modified head pipe and properly jetted machine and a good slip on it will produce good gains on the bottom end and save weight. Some slip ons are better than others. I am currently running a Motoworks SR4 that does the job but looking to go back to hopefully an HMF. I know they are loud because I had one prior to the SR4 but I feel the low end power is better on the HMF and wish I did not get rid of it. Luckily I own and ride private property and do not have to worry about noise and if I need to quiet it down I still have a quiet core for the SR4 and HMF as well as the stock muffler.

So if anyone has an HMF for sale let me know please? Thank you!

slightlybent47
09-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Thats cool, as long as you know.

Zakradu398
09-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Search your local craigslist.
I found a brand new yoshi slip on on mine for $150..

On a side note, I did like the yoshi more than a friends hmf in the sound and looks department. Yoshi sounded much better IMO.