PDA

View Full Version : New Exhaust!!!! Duncan or Sparks?

smorris1
08-26-2014, 05:11 AM
I am getting a new exhaust system and I am stuck between the duncan racing fat boy 4 or Sparks racing system. Both are pretty much equal in cost. Does anybody have any experience with the Duncan system? Help!! lol

DragonGunner
08-26-2014, 03:53 PM
This is what you want, I have ran them on 400ex, KTM and talked my brother in law to get one for his 450R......he still thanks me. And you will too....get it with a turn down. You will love it.

http://www.ctracing.com/trx400ex1.htm

honda400ex2003
08-27-2014, 08:38 AM
sparks is a nice setup as well and creates some decent power, but it is quite loud too, 102 db and 110db is crazy loud.

the duncan is a dual header most of the way back, this is a different design than most of the other manus'. CT with the disks is also a nice way to go, it is almost infinitely adjustable for different flow and different power for different times. want more torque, less disks. more top end, more disks. they also adjust the noise output since it flows differently with the different ## of disks.

im a big advocate of something quiet, like the q4 from fmf, it is not loud enough to annoy you by the end of the day. T4 is a great pipe as well, from pro circuit. it flows well, even better with the pro c header and isnt as expensive as a sparks or a ct. 95 dB isnt too bad either, within some state laws including MI most likely. I think they are 96 as well. if you dont ride trails, however, it doesnt make much difference then.

just my .02, read through the shoot out for the slip ons at least from CT, it is a good read.
steve

smorris1
08-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Yeah I have been looking at the CT system as well. The only reason I want a full system is because my header got bent after the bike rolled down a hill and slammed into a tree. It tweaked my muffler and my header. It sucks because I love my slip on its a white brothers e2 which they don't even make anymore. But I am really leaning towards the duncan system. I love the look of the dual headers and the lifetime warranty.