PDA

View Full Version : Dasa full system boggs on take off

JACK STRAW
07-31-2014, 08:50 PM
my cousin has a '05 stock with a full Dasa pipe and no lid, 48 pilot,1- 3 turns out at different times, 185 main, needle in middle notch,and 150' above sea level. if you punch it, it either shuts off or bogs for a second then after the rpms get up some it takes off and pulls hard the whole time in every gear and when you let off it does no popping or backfiring. I can't get it to respond any better or worse but 2 turns out seems to make no popping letting off. is the pilot too big causing too much fuel at idle to 1/4 throttle?
thanks

Logan #34's Dad
08-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Both of our quads are '06+ with a different style carb but my mains are 175...(dyno tuned)..
If you roll on the throttle does it rev or bog? The problem with stabbing it and a bog.... It can be either too much gas or not enough...
Guys on here are gonna need to know more bout your engine...porting, cam, piston ratio.....

blacknblue#2
08-02-2014, 05:26 AM
The 06+ bikes always end up running a smaller main than the 04/05. My 06+ always ran around a 165 while my 04/05 ran a 190 main. It sounds like you've already tried your air fuel on every possible setting. What's the spark plug look like?? Take the carb out of the boots, pump the throttle and be sure the carb squirts a stream of gas when the throttle is stabbed. You could be fighting a bad accelerator pump.

JACK STRAW
08-03-2014, 02:27 PM
The 06+ bikes always end up running a smaller main than the 04/05. My 06+ always ran around a 165 while my 04/05 ran a 190 main. It sounds like you've already tried your air fuel on every possible setting. What's the spark plug look like?? Take the carb out of the boots, pump the throttle and be sure the carb squirts a stream of gas when the throttle is stabbed. You could be fighting a bad accelerator pump.

it is a stock motor with the only add on is a Dasa full exhaust and no lid. It has a 188 main and a stock pilot and stock leak jet. With the boot off it does give a squirt of fuel every throttle stab. I took him to a track this weekend and it ran and pulled fine, but there was never a time when he stabbed the throttle from idle. that is the only time it bogs. could the leak jet be too big or small? when sizing a leak jet does the bigger number mean larger hole?

blacknblue#2
08-03-2014, 04:28 PM
it is a stock motor with the only add on is a Dasa full exhaust and no lid. It has a 188 main and a stock pilot and stock leak jet With the boot off it does give a squirt of fuel every throttle stab. I took him to a track this weekend and it ran and pulled fine, but there was never a time when he stabbed the throttle from idle. that is the only time it bogs. could the leak jet be too big or small? when sizing a leak jet does the bigger number mean larger hole?

Most generally the leak jet isn't an issue with the 04/05 carb but I am in no way saying that isn't your iissue cause it could be. With a leak jet youll want a smaller one (smaller number) usually.

Blodg
08-11-2014, 07:24 AM
I don't think there is a leak jet in an '04-'05 carb?

Take the cover off the accelerator pump at the bottom of the carb and remove and clean the diaphram or replace it if torn.