PDA

View Full Version : Backfire

free_rider20
12-14-2001, 08:00 PM
I have a honda rancher with about 320 hours on the whole quad except for the tires. About once every 2-4 weeks it backfires, is their a prob with my quad or is it just the time and heat on an old exhaust?

12-15-2001, 07:06 PM
My quad is backfireing every once in a while too. Can someone please tell me what is wrong? It has a lot of hours and miles on it.

12-16-2001, 05:10 PM
Now, 41 people have read this post, and No one has replied. I know that someone can answer our questions? If you can please answer out question. I need to know if i am gonna have to go out and buy a new muffler, or if is normal wear.

4punksdad
12-16-2001, 05:47 PM
most likely nobody has replied because not enough info was given.
when does it backfire? while starting, or while riding?

free_rider20
12-16-2001, 08:15 PM
ok, um, mine mainly does it when i get goin and about a minute later when i go to let off it will backfire. But mainly when i am on the gas then let off.

"BLAHH"300!!
12-16-2001, 09:25 PM
when i let off the gas and let it coast in gear down a hill-

i kinda like it sometimes though- it's not a real loud bang
just a couple of smooth- pop pop pop's
thats normal though right??
got a guy here with a fo'hunta' ex' and his backfires all the time
we went through a trail and it's deer season ya' know-
come slow rollin through a trail and passed a deer stand he's behind me..
then outa no-where- !! BANG !!
i ducked cut my bike off and kinda rolled a few feet with my head on the gas tank turn and look and hes about to fall off his bike laughin at me crazy day i think he has carb.. problems or somethin' though he put his filter inserts "6" on top on back and on the sides of his airbox and he had to have sucked in some trash couse he can't idle along it's all or none backfiring all the time- would a dirty carb couse a backfire???

Chef
12-16-2001, 10:07 PM
EX-CITING 300, i think your running lean, same for free rider, increase your jet size