PDA

View Full Version : Is there any better option for the 400X's seat?

OZ-T
07-06-2014, 11:46 AM
I have a 2013 and while I love just about everything about it, I hate the damn seat with a passion! I've looked all over the net and haven't found any aftermarket seats yet. Does anyone know a place that makes better seats for these? Wondering if a guy could just rip the foam off the current seat and have it reupholstered with thicker foam? Times like this, I really miss my 02, the seats on the older 400s were way better.

jasaus
07-07-2014, 08:31 AM
give Josh a call he can fix you up with what ever you want hump seat, thicker foam any color

Mud Motorsports

459 Commercial Blvd

Martinsville, IN 46151

Phone: (765) 349-8938

Email: Josh@MudMotorsports.com

JOHNDOE83
07-07-2014, 03:22 PM
I have a 2013 and while I love just about everything about it, I hate the damn seat with a passion! I've looked all over the net and haven't found any aftermarket seats yet. Does anyone know a place that makes better seats for these? Wondering if a guy could just rip the foam off the current seat and have it reupholstered with thicker foam? Times like this, I really miss my 02, the seats on the older 400s were way better.

Ive made several seats in my time, its not hard but its not exactly easy either.

if you can find the right foam, then youll have to find the best way to cut it, then youll have to find the best way to glue it and attach the cover, then youll have to figure out what to do to get the wrinkles and folds out....etc.

my last seat I made for a ex was a drag seat, made out of ply wood, 3in foam from a fabric store and i covered it with old black tshirts...lol. But thats all it needed to be.

buy a used cheap seat and try it a few times until you get it right or find a upholstery shop near you and get it custom made.

MtnEX
07-14-2014, 08:55 PM
What don't you like about the newer seat? I guess that is the better starter question. I have only rode one and it had a gripper cover. Seemed OK. I didn't notice anything bad but didn't ride it a lot. I also have a KFX450R and that thing has the worst ATV seat ever so I am not much of a judge on comfort.

Stickman400
07-14-2014, 11:24 PM
I rode a buddies brand new '12 last year at a riding park for a few minutes and I hated it. Of course I'm used to my nice, low, plushy JET front shocks and all the things I've done to mine but just the way it sat and the way it felt was horrible. The seat was stiff and it made it feel like you sit on top of the quad instead of in it like you do with a softer seat like the 99-07s have. Also felt way too skinny and top heavy, no power, really short, just everything needed changed, lol.