PDA

View Full Version : Well Dirts Wheels is doing it again like always!!!!!!

chrisrzz1012
07-01-2014, 12:59 AM
I just read a Dirt Wheels magazine that's a couple months old and they up to their ways again. The article was about a company in WI ( How they are #1 in atvs and utvs in service , reliablitiy, and how they need good people working for them). That's all a bunch of BS they don't want to hire any people there with experience. If you do have any experience they will try to get rid of you for anything. I heard of people getting fired for having another companies atv or utv on trailer or in a trucks bed. I know from ex-employees who had this happen plus they have been fighting them to get unemployment which sometimes don't happen. When will Dirt Wheels ever have a article , test, or shoot-out that isn't baised. My all time fav is when they said that a YZF-450 is faster then the KTM's 450. Or another one is the Raptor 700 is faster then KTM 525 and 505. Both aren't true at all. In fact my 88 250R beat my ex-Raptor ( 700) by along shot. Only thing done was FMF exhaust on the 250R.

BlasterEaten250
07-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Don't read it then :uhoh:

blacknblue#2
07-01-2014, 06:21 PM
I just read a Dirt Wheels magazine that's a couple months old and they up to their ways again. The article was about a company in WI ( How they are #1 in atvs and utvs in service , reliablitiy, and how they need good people working for them). That's all a bunch of BS they don't want to hire any people there with experience. If you do have any experience they will try to get rid of you for anything. I heard of people getting fired for having another companies atv or utv on trailer or in a trucks bed. I know from ex-employees who had this happen plus they have been fighting them to get unemployment which sometimes don't happen. When will Dirt Wheels ever have a article , test, or shoot-out that isn't baised. My all time fav is when they said that a YZF-450 is faster then the KTM's 450. Or another one is the Raptor 700 is faster then KTM 525 and 505. Both aren't true at all. In fact my 88 250R beat my ex-Raptor ( 700) by along shot. Only thing done was FMF exhaust on the 250R.
So I'm guessing you know ppl who have worked for Polaris. What's their pay scale to build those sweet pieces of chit? Cause they obviously put out minimum wage quality!!!!!

CJM
07-01-2014, 07:19 PM
So I'm guessing you know ppl who have worked for Polaris. What's their pay scale to build those sweet pieces of chit? Cause they obviously put out minimum wage quality!!!!!

bingo!

I cant fathom why anyone with half a brain would buy one. I understood the razor craze cause they were the first ones, but now..why would anyone ever buy one if they even have a bit of know how?

johnnyquad17
07-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Should I go with the 1000 Maverick 4 seater or the Razor? New to side by sides. I would never buy Polaris quads. Thanks

zyoung04
07-14-2014, 02:32 AM
I haven't heard any demons about either of them. But being Polaris I wouldn't own their 1000 just because of the quality of their quads. Just had this discussion the other day. The mav is cheaper shorter wheel base and has like what? 3 hp less than the rzr? I would think the rzr would be hard to maneuver in tight trails. Depending on what u have to pull it with u may have to go with a bigger trailer with a rzr. I never have understood why they made those things so big.

I'd buy a jeep before I bought a rzr 1000. I could cruise the trails around here and have ac and probably have a easier time in the trails without having to back up and finding other routes haha.

blacknblue#2
07-14-2014, 04:17 AM
I haven't heard any demons about either of them. But being Polaris I wouldn't own their 1000 just because of the quality of their quads. Just had this discussion the other day. The mav is cheaper shorter wheel base and has like what? 3 hp less than the rzr? I would think the rzr would be hard to maneuver in tight trails. Depending on what u have to pull it with u may have to go with a bigger trailer with a rzr. I never have understood why they made those things so big.

I'd buy a jeep before I bought a rzr 1000. I could cruise the trails around here and have ac and probably have a easier time in the trails without having to back up and finding other routes haha.

I have to agree. The 1000 rzr is just too big. I stopped and looked at side by sides last week. They had a maverick setting beside the 1000 rzr. The maverick could be bought for 4000 less. Had the stance of an 800s rzr. The maverick just looked like it would be better in the trails. The car would be fun if all you ride are gravel and log roads

johnnyquad17
07-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the input. I like the Maverick the best as well. It makes you feel better when people agree. Lol

DragonGunner
07-16-2014, 06:51 PM
Guys I know like the Razr 570 better than the razor 800 or bigger, and many are selling them to get the new Arctic Car Wildcat Trail at 50", its my first SXS and I love it, plus AC 1 yr. Warranty and service so far is A+

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz219/61chalk/wildcat/DSC01179_zps69f30235.jpg (http://s829.photobucket.com/user/61chalk/media/wildcat/DSC01179_zps69f30235.jpg.html)

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz219/61chalk/DSC01079_zps0bf4c6e9.jpg (http://s829.photobucket.com/user/61chalk/media/DSC01079_zps0bf4c6e9.jpg.html)

JOHNDOE83
07-22-2014, 06:36 PM
Dirt wheels is garbage, they support the person paying them money dont go by what they say.

Look back through dirt wheels FB posts, they stole a pic of my quad from this site, claimed it was a cr500 conversion and even bashed it a lil bit without ever asking me anything about it. It just upsetting that they put mt cr250 on their FB and claimed it as if they had info on it when all they did was copy/paste and make up a description.....dirt wheels sucKS.

I had only found out because the guys I drag race against saw it and tagged me on FB saying I had been sand bagging them saying I had a 250 when I was running a 500. In the end It was all cleared up and dirtwheels "kinda" corrected it.....but still.

And to top it off they put a in the build process pic up instead of the finished build.

KKiowaTJ
07-24-2014, 08:49 PM
They go to the highest bidder at the time that rag is in pre-production. I remember long ago when they still had white bros. add and run down on their shop, That had been a few months closed!

They are rags, Something to pass the time taking a chit, Looking at pic's and parts so you can go and buy the for half the price out there. I do 4wd's and they too, Sell and pimp up the highest bidder and whatever junk they are peddling.

That and the 660 raptor outran our other buddys 525 ktm quad, His 660cc bored to a 711cc makes it his ***** in quick work. Even my stock 400 will pull the 525 or 505 ktm's until I hit my top end gear wise, Nothing too special about the ktm's.
If there was, They would have made newer ones instead or re-labeling 09' built quads titles and documents to whatever year it is to liquidate the mass stock 'they thought' would sell and corner the market.
Just like Polaris, Overpriced junk with too much hype! Too many options of quality now compared to a crap.

chrisrzz1012
08-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Talked to another person who worked that crap hole. Beware of Victory motorcycles serious motor problems. I agree getting a utv Artic Cat or Can-Am is the only way to go. I drove a Polaris , Can-am ,and a Arctic Cat at a test lately the Polaris drove and felt like a go-cart with knobby tires the other 2 were better machines by a lot. Also over half their parts are made in China too.

blacknblue#2
08-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Talked to another person who worked that crap hole. Beware of Victory motorcycles serious motor problems. I agree getting a utv Artic Cat or Can-Am is the only way to go. I drove a Polaris , Can-am ,and a Arctic Cat at a test lately the Polaris drove and felt like a go-cart with knobby tires the other 2 were better machines by a lot. Also over half their parts are made in China too.

Americanese made haha. I know when working on one it requires both metric and standard wrenches

fastredrider44
08-07-2014, 08:49 AM
That and the 660 raptor outran our other buddys 525 ktm quad, His 660cc bored to a 711cc makes it his ***** in quick work. Even my stock 400 will pull the 525 or 505 ktm's until I hit my top end gear wise, Nothing too special about the ktm's.
If there was, They would have made newer ones instead or re-labeling 09' built quads titles and documents to whatever year it is to liquidate the mass stock 'they thought' would sell and corner the market.
Just like Polaris, Overpriced junk with too much hype! Too many options of quality now compared to a crap.

I think there is something wrong with your buddy's 525. Jus' sayin'.

Also, they didn't re-label any quads, you could only buy 08 and 09 models. The economy tanked, just like you can't buy a 2010 or 2011 450R. They had so many left overs there was no need.

beastlywarrior
08-07-2014, 08:02 PM
They liked my quad, over 1000 likes. Course it is a yamaha lol

DragonGunner
08-08-2014, 03:08 PM
They go to the highest bidder at the time that rag is in pre-production. I remember long ago when they still had white bros. add and run down on their shop, That had been a few months closed!

They are rags, Something to pass the time taking a chit, Looking at pic's and parts so you can go and buy the for half the price out there. I do 4wd's and they too, Sell and pimp up the highest bidder and whatever junk they are peddling.

Your stock 400 ain't pullin this, your buddies Raptor ain't either.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz219/61chalk/DSC00751_zpse6a71076.jpg (http://s829.photobucket.com/user/61chalk/media/DSC00751_zpse6a71076.jpg.html)

zyoung04
08-12-2014, 03:48 AM
Americanese made haha. I know when working on one it requires both metric and standard wrenches

Predator took all standard except the cam carrier bolts. They were 8 or 10mm. I still bet I could disassemble one of those in about 30mins.

KKiowaTJ
08-16-2014, 12:20 PM
I think there is something wrong with your buddy's 525. Jus' sayin'.

Also, they didn't re-label any quads, you could only buy 08 and 09 models. The economy tanked, just like you can't buy a 2010 or 2011 450R. They had so many left overs there was no need.

New fresh motor in the KTM, Just a hyped up POS at double the price.
That's funny that a friend who hangs KTM on his shop, Kept getting new titles for the KTM quads he had, And still has! I got to see it for myself or id question it.

Your stock 400 ain't pullin this, your buddies Raptor ain't either.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz219/61chalk/DSC00751_zpse6a71076.jpg (http://s829.photobucket.com/user/61chalk/media/DSC00751_zpse6a71076.jpg.html)

Everyone on the net has 'the fastest' quad, Why should yours be any different? My 400 does quite well against the KTM's until they get to open up in a bean field etc, It happens couple times a month.
Takes big balls to say you're KTM 'ain't touching' it either when you have NO idea what could be in it and done to it, 'Raptor'.
To each their own, I don't own either, My garage isn't going to be filled with **** machines. Good luck with the 'light speed' KTM!

zyoung04
08-18-2014, 02:23 AM
Ill start by saying my yfzr is a turd, so not everyone on the net thinks their quad is faster than the next guys. I've rode a 400ex, raptor and ktm 450sx. The 400ex and raptor wasn't nothing compared the the ktm. There was something seriously wrong with that ktm.

I thought this was a stock vs stock deal? Since thats normally how the do the shootouts in those mags. If ur buddy's raptor out ran a stock ktm and I'm assuming it has a few things done to it by the way u talk. That's nothing to brag about.

blacknblue#2
08-18-2014, 04:04 AM
Well atvriders is doing it again like always!!!! My brother in laws sisters boyfriends quad will smoke yours, and my 400ex is louder!!!!!!!!!! Hold muh beer and watch did chit

fastredrider44
08-18-2014, 07:49 AM
No Joke. One guy has a KTM that is 'slow' so they must all be junk... I've owned a ton of fourwheelers and dirtbikes, and the 525 is a bad dude. And this is coming from a die hard Honda guy.

KKiowaTJ
08-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Ive rode more than one to give my opinion of them as chit! Its obvious as they didn't sell and using the 'no market' for them is BS. They did not impress me one bit and when I can ride my 400 fast enough or faster in the same area, Track/trails, No reason to waste double the money.

The KTM had work done and was fresh and comparable to the raptor, The raptor just has a little more. We also have a bone stock 660cc and it didn't loose by much against the KTM and we swapped riders to make sure where they sat. Did the same thing with a canned ham 450 vs the Honda 450 to find out which one was more versatile and would lay down the power they had.

To each their own, I remember the KTM's of old and how hacked up they were and now they think they are made of gold and want double the price. Id rather have my 400 or a Honda 450 any day over a KTM quad.

DragonGunner
08-18-2014, 02:22 PM
No Joke. One guy has a KTM that is 'slow' so they must all be junk... I've owned a ton of fourwheelers and dirtbikes, and the 525 is a bad dude. And this is coming from a die hard Honda guy.

LOL. I like the "fact" that the stock 660 got beat by the KTM.....but somehow the stock 400 beats the KTM.....I been riding Honda since 1978, been racing the 1999 406EX since around 2000, and it ain't stock and any KTM is going to smoke it. Oh wait, maybe its in tight trails 1st and 2nd gear only...well crap, a 300EX has a chance of beating anything in those conditions. I can hear it now from somewhere out there where dope is smoked....."my stock 300EX smoked my buddies ported 75 hp Banshee, he was like spinning in knee deep mud and I just blew by him, had 1st gear pegged dude."....LOL.

KKiowaTJ
08-18-2014, 04:15 PM
The only time its not pointless to race against them on a 400 is on a track or trails. I never said mine was 'as fast', Just that I had no problem loosing them on the track or trails. If you think they are badass, Good for you. Im not impressed in the least with them compared to the other choices. Like I said, To each their own, That's the beauty of the 'choices' there are.

zyoung04
08-19-2014, 02:17 AM
I just hope this race is taped when and if it ever happens. I'd like to see a stock 400ex or even a built 660 out run that ktm hybrid, cuz that's the only way I'd believe it.

honda400ex2003
08-22-2014, 11:02 AM
ah yes, the reason i quit coming here lol i remember now haha

steve

DragonGunner
08-22-2014, 12:21 PM
ah yes, the reason i quit coming here lol i remember now haha

steve

LOL....at least somebody whether you agree or not is stirring the pot to livin up the place....

honda400ex2003
08-22-2014, 12:36 PM
lol true, it was fun to see them argue about who has a faster machine as always.

steve

CJM
08-22-2014, 03:59 PM
Sooo true.. this place is pretty dead these days.