PDA

View Full Version : 2015 TRX 400x

RNL
06-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Ok I"ll be the one, will we see any updates for 2015? Can't really see EFI going on an air cooled motor, maybe some suspension upgrades? Or how about the long wanted cam and compression bumps from the factory? Or 16 years later is it another bold new graphics kind of year? I'd love to see a newer 400 with some updates to breathe some life into this venerable machine.

400man
06-12-2014, 05:12 PM
honda.....if it aint broke, dont fix it. thats what they say haha. id love to see them just put the 450r shocks and brakes front and rear.

slightlybent47
06-22-2014, 10:47 PM
Why mess with success?
Though I would like to see the ex motor on a 450 frame with upgraded oil cooler and a fan.

RNL
06-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Competition? The Z 400 got better over the years, as did other quads. The 400 was good in 1999 but this is 2014 let's see some updates. I'd love to see some built in on board storage and things like that for trail riding since this is no longer a race quad.

slightlybent47
06-25-2014, 10:25 PM
Honda needs to update there suspension on both there 400 and 450.
They have allowed the competition produce race quads with better suspension rite out of the box.
The ex is still competition worthy if there modified.
There 450's also need suspension mods to be competitive.
Though disappointing no one makes a true race ready quad, it does allow smaller privet owned business to fill the gap.
And to be honest, building a race quad is fun.

MtnEX
06-25-2014, 11:15 PM
Come on now... you got yourself 3 different body styles and several different colors. What more do you expect? :D

I would like to see it get better shocks/link and any 450R parts it can use and benefit from... as having two different similar items makes no sense to me. A radiator sized oil cooler, better studs, a compression bump and some cams are the other things that they could do that make good sense to upgrade.

The rest... well I say leave it alone.

I do not think we will ever see much of a change on the 400. I am surprised in the changes we have to be honest. I think it is a decent seller and they are just doing a little more for it as it slumps from time to time in sales. Considerable upgrades though? I think it is more likely we won't see a 2015 400X than one with serious improvements.

Sport quads are just not a core piece of any of the manufacturers business.

Warthog35
09-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Id say can-am dsx450xc is pretty much race ready and they look sick. Personally the only reason I have the 400x is do to I dont race and dont need a race quad.but i dont care for 4x4 atvs thus the 400x is the perfect machine for wknd warriors imho plus the 400 is a die hard quad if taken care of properly. And can be turned into a competitive machine at the lower xc levels.

CJM
09-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Friend bought the ds450 mx, besides the awesome suspension its a chintzy pos. He sold it and went back to his honda 450 after 2 rides. Another friend has same quad (copied the other guy) and its been to the shop a half a dozen times for various issues.

MtnEX
09-30-2014, 08:36 PM
We call them Canned Hams down here. The DS is garbage.

The DS is a good machine that went bad at the last minute and hasn't ever been straightened out.

The chassis and everything else on it was built for it to house a 251 Rotax engine (2 stroke).

At the end of R&D they decided to instead market it 4 stroke EFI. They had neither already for that chassis. So they coupled an old bottom end design with a different top end design to fit the frame and got the EFI. Now it is crap.