PDA

View Full Version : Carb rebuild kit

whiskeyboy13
06-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Bought a carb rebuild kit. Having some trouble getting the needle valve to come out. I took the retaining clip off but cant get the needle to come out. Does it pull out or screw out? It turns but isnt turning out.

yophilly
06-18-2014, 12:34 PM
It's been 8 days since your post, so I guess you figured out the carb problem but I'll post anyway for others.

The needle just slides into the seat. The carb must be REALLY nasty if the needle won't come out of the seat. It should slide right out of the seat with the float.

The brass seat has a tab that holds it in with one phillips screw. Sometimes the seat gets a little stuck in the carb body due to a dry-rotten o-ring. I just spray some penetrating oil and pull it out with needle-nose pliers.

Then wash the body and float bowl in a solvent tank, rinse with water, followed by boiling 30 mins in water with a cup of dishwasher detergent mixed in. I use a propane camping stove or the side burner on the gas grille ('cause I like being married!!). Let it cool, blow out all the passages with compressed air; and re-assemble