PDA

View Full Version : Briarcliff National!

nitrofish
06-09-2014, 07:25 AM
For the past few months myself and many volunteers have been working hard alongside Mr. Briarcliff to make the Briarcliff National a success. After this past weekend of long days well into the night, all I can say is "SWEET!" It seems that after several rough months of inclement weather, harsh winter temps to flooding spring rains, it has all come together. The place looks the best that I have ever seen, and we have put countless laps on the track since 2008. I have literally seen every known piece of equipment rented, bought and borrowed at the place. Chippers, skid steer trenchers, walk behind trenchers, bucket trucks, aerial lifts, hole diggers, hole fillers, every attachment that fits on a skid steer, mini hoes, big hoes, mini dozers, big dozers, giant articulating dump trucks and the latest this weekend was a big vibrating roller thing that still has me shaking. Tons upon tons of dirt moved, tons of soil additives, last count on stone was over 700 tons with more arriving today. Hundreds of feet of PA system wiring, PA speakers mounted on 40' utility poles. Plug an Ipod into that baby and you can hear it a county away! New water well drilled with taps to crucial areas of the track. New gate, new dogbox. Kick-*** deck to overlook the track and the Ryan Longstreth memorial. New cargo shipping containers for the tunnels under the finish line and center jump. Hundreds of track markers, hay bales/covers, signs, banners, pennants. All new fencing, flagging towers, announcer tower, podium stage. Ok, ok you all want to know what the track is like. Take a few fresh baked brownies and crumble them up in your hand, thats the soil, not dirt, soil. The entire track was reworked this weekend, jumps refaced, corners widened, new jumps have been born and all sealed in by that shaking machine I spoke of earlier. The track will be "epic" a common Cliff nomenclature. I am tooting the horn for Mr. Briarcliff becuase he will not do so, this is just how he rolls. Jeremy rolls on 4 wheels by the way and he will be lining up on the gate with the rest of you. Although my kid has decided to leave the quad world behind, I am still giddy with excitement to see the fastest quad riders in the world from young to old get it on at the Cliff! By the way, can someone slap my kid for me. After years of traveling and hotel stays he decides to drop a couple wheels and miss what will be one of the best ATV Nationals and only 4 miles from the house ta boot. :cuss: Safe travels to all and welcome to Nashport, Ohio! If any is in need of assistance before, during or at departure of this weekend please feel free to contact me and I can steer you in the right direction. Matt Winland. 614. five. eight. 0ne. 0431.

PS. I will be working security on a YZ 125 with a flashing fireman's hat and mega-phone screaming like a minion "bee doo-bee doo". Rocky, I know that pit vehicle is not a race quad, don't make me pull you over and issue a citation! I can be bribed with donuts or beer. :devil:

Logan #34's Dad
06-09-2014, 08:21 PM
PS. I will be working security on a YZ 125 with a flashing fireman's hat and mega-phone screaming like a minion "bee doo-bee doo". Rocky, I know that pit vehicle is not a race quad, don't make me pull you over and issue a citation! I can be bribed with donuts or beer. :devil:

Oh lordy... I work with some badge heavy fella's... I know how to deal with your type Matt. And...I don't need no stinking pit vehicle.... I am a card carrying "racer" now sucka....

I'm pretty excited bout this one too. I just hope the weather is good and the ATVA community request we continue to return over and over...

How many other venues to we go to that the track owner throws a leg over a quad and races too?

wickpan
06-10-2014, 03:59 AM
Cassy 120 cant wait to get there :D

jake55
06-10-2014, 04:43 AM
we might go, i'll have to think on it a bit more.

nitrofish
06-10-2014, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=Logan #34's Dad;4367405]Oh lordy... I work with some badge heavy fella's... I know how to deal with your type Matt. And...I don't need no stinking pit vehicle.... I am a card carrying "racer" now."

Oh, I forgot you're Rocky Racer now. Hmmmm. I guess I will work tech inspection instead of pit vehicle security. What ya think about that sucka! Lol. See ya in a few days.

LT80
06-10-2014, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=Logan #34's Dad;4367405]Oh lordy... I work with some badge heavy fella's. And I mean for all the donuts they eat, they should be heavy!.. I know how to deal with your type Matt...Maple syrup topping. And...I don't need no stinking pit vehicle.... I am a card carrying "racer" now."

Oh, I forgot you're Rocky Wanna Racer now. Hmmmm. I guess I will work tech inspection instead of pit vehicle security. What ya think about that sucka! Lol. See ya in a few days.

*snicker* :devil:

Logan #34's Dad
06-10-2014, 11:00 PM
I may be working tech inspection too! I told JO that I'd help where I can... I recommended having two lines for tech to speed it up... Sounds like that's gonna happen. Here's my idea to him... two canopies side by side, each with a quad width tool. Have a person walk up their line and have riders pull the teathers and look for obvious issues, put a sticker on top of the front brake caliper, Riders then have to go through the width tool, once the clear, a second person uses a Sharpie to check mark that sticker... done. what kills the speed as they do it now is the starting and stopping of the engines after going through the width tool. IMO.
What-cha think?

Logan #34's Dad
06-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Also, for those of you reading this thread....IF you want to park next to someone you need to drive in together.. The organizer will have people parking us and there is NO saving spots.... This is his 1st one and he does not want chaos in the pits and to make sure there is enough room for everyone. Please spread the word.

LT80
06-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Also, for those of you reading this thread....IF you want to park next to someone you need to drive in together.. The organizer will have people parking us and there is NO saving spots.... This is his 1st one and he does not want chaos in the pits and to make sure there is enough room for everyone. Please spread the word.

Oh boy! Now you and he should know that forced parking isn't going to work. 1/2 of the race expierience is parking by friends.
1st one and he's looking for problems is how I read it.
It's his first rodeo, not ours.

Logan #34's Dad
06-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Agreed.... but its his rodeo...
He has plenty of room, I think everything would be fine... at this point in the season the circus crowd is less until everyone just has to go to Loretta's..

LT80
06-16-2014, 05:51 AM
"I have literally seen every known piece of equipment rented, bought and borrowed at the place. Chippers, skid steer trenchers, walk behind trenchers, bucket trucks, aerial lifts, hole diggers, hole fillers, every attachment that fits on a skid steer, mini hoes, big hoes, mini dozers, big dozers, giant articulating dump trucks and the latest this weekend was a big vibrating roller thing that still has me shaking"

All that and they couldn't find anyone to make a proper jump??

josborn
06-17-2014, 02:58 PM
I would be willing to come get a lesson, when are you free?

LT80
06-17-2014, 04:44 PM
That was my vent..
Thanks for being kind. :)

josborn
06-17-2014, 06:40 PM
That was my vent..
Thanks for being kind. :)

Ha ha, just kidding, I know everyone is frustrated......me too.

ozborn1
06-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Ha ha, just kidding, I know everyone is frustrated......me too.

Well I know Tyler, Tanner, and myself appreciate all you do. It takes a hell of a guy to juggle it all.