PDA

View Full Version : just bought a 99 trx90 for my boy, needs plastics

Gumby
05-30-2014, 07:47 PM
I found a great barn find. It was a 99 TRX 90, just had some cosmetic damage on the front and rear plastic. I went to Maier and looked up what they had for plastic and it seems there are two different times for different models one is for the TRX 90 x and one is for the TRX 90 x. Which one is mine being a 99? And can I use any of those with little modification on it.

I also would like to set up lights on it. On my buddies 05 TRX 450 with no battery I wired HID's to it using a 6-volt battery wondering if I can do the same to the TRX 90. Has anyone tried this before?

I've built up 450's with my eyes closed but these 90's are a whole different game. I'm not looking to get it race ready I just want to be reliable and something that him and I can ride the trails with together. As a first quad I'd like it to look as good as possible for him. Thoughts and questions and concerns are welcome.

Thank you very much

LT80
05-31-2014, 06:54 AM
Light: I think you would need a charging side of a stator. I'm unsure if it has one.
Reliability: you bought the most reliable mini made. Close to stock is best (IMO).
If you want to spend money, a good set of shocks would be a wise investment.

Gumby
05-31-2014, 04:26 PM
What about plastic? Are all years compatible?

miniquaddad90
06-10-2014, 11:02 AM
You need to stay with the 1993-2005 plastic for the TRX90. The 2006+(TRX90X) plastic will require alot of work and you would also need different tank & seat.

I agree with LT80, great machine, rides great with a set of aftermarket shocks, Works are the cheapest but big improvement for trail riding.

For lighting, check out Ricky Stator, they offer a stator with lighting output