PDA

View Full Version : cr flat track gearing

undergroundart
05-29-2014, 10:06 PM
looking for a little advice on gearing a 03 cr85 with fmf, blaster mod with kart tires. tried 15/23 and its terrible off the line. pretty fast top end though. the rear sprockets are so expensive I really would like to get this somewhat close. based on fmf s jetting chart my main was way rich, haven't had a chance to see what main we re running. maybe that's the problem?

undergroundart
05-30-2014, 04:33 PM
some expert advice says 15/31 and I think that's gonna be pretty close.

Abennett
08-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Curious what you ended up running.
I'm running close to same setup. We have 13/40 on 12 cart wheels
Changing rear to 35 just so he'd not having to change gears so much

undergroundart
08-27-2014, 04:05 PM
we ve got 15/30 on there now and I really like it so far. He holeshotted both races last weekend and led every lap till the last corner where the quad died for some reason. I ended up having a custom sprocket hub made to accept a standard mini quad sprocket. gonna be way cheaper in the long run I think. are you running an 1 1/4 axle? where did you find sprocket for it?

Abennett
08-27-2014, 07:15 PM
we ve got 15/30 on there now and I really like it so far. He holeshotted both races last weekend and led every lap till the last corner where the quad died for some reason. I ended up having a custom sprocket hub made to accept a standard mini quad sprocket. gonna be way cheaper in the long run I think. are you running an 1 1/4 axle? where did you find sprocket for it?

No I couldn't afford the kart axle conversion. Had stock Drr hubs cut down to fit kart wheels. We are using stock sprockets