PDA

View Full Version : What happened?!

Brauap
05-28-2014, 06:47 PM
I haven't been on the forum for a long time (left riding for a couple years) but what the heck happened to this forum?!! The 400EX forum use to be the busiest forum on here.. A full page of new, maybe a day old threads.. Now I look an you can see a month back on the first page.. What happened?! It's a damn shame.. This use to be such a popular place.

CJM
05-28-2014, 10:34 PM
people move on, apparently forums are becoming a thing of the past and facebook is taking over.

Mdkp123
05-28-2014, 10:51 PM
Yea I agree Facebook is taking over the forum world. I just joined this forum but I'm a member of many others and can tell every year they get slower and slower

cheater13
05-29-2014, 06:44 AM
Yeah, I loved this page. I still check in on it all the time and see if there are new threads.

It's alittle more active over at the org so I hangout there more often. Even though I have a 400ex and not a 450, lol. Also, facebook is huge now with the trx400ex and 450r pages. There's a lot of help and good priced deals there. Just gotta keep an eye out for scammers.

samm3020
05-29-2014, 08:10 AM
Im new to this forum, even though there isn't much traffic I still think that this is the best 400 forum out there. I'm checking in here daily.

450rtt
05-29-2014, 09:23 AM
Like it's been said facebook is really taking over the discussion of these machines and any other hobby you can think of. There's some great archive threads on this site though so i hope it never comes down for the simple fact that you can google questions or topics and get answers from old posts. There was a group of r 4-5 guys that had my account banned on this forum because they complained to wilkin so much. I never broke a single rule, wilkin banned me and is unable to reinstate my account so i'm waiting for the owner to get this done. Fact is, Harlen doesn't have time he doesn't deal with this forum anymore at all he's got bigger things to do. Basically what you won't see on facebook is this little posse of dictators. They've all been banned from my group which now has over 10k members. Forums are a thing of the past and eventually these bullies will be nothings as they won't have their little world to rule side by side with the moderators.

MtnEX
05-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Well.... I hate it but a couple of things kill this section. One is indeed facebook and the other is the fact so many step up to another machine, and there are a lot of in-out of the sport EX riders now and etc.

I for one hate facebook. But I guess people love people drama and can't seem to break away from it to visit a forum.

I myself would much rather go skim through a forum for something that interests me vs the facebook crap that don't.

KKiowaTJ
05-29-2014, 09:00 PM
FB can suck a fart out of my butthole! I cant stand the 'social media' BS. Im much happier here, The org or just PM a member that knows the answer to the question(s) I have. I have always had good feed back from them and never a lie or 'it should work'.

The reason this section is dying is the fact a person will ask a question, 5 people respond, 4 with dead on info that can be double checked and in stone, The other will buck the odds about BS that really has no technical info in it except 'that's wrong', Or I did it 'this way' and works fine.
That's all good and fine, But to sit and bicker about 4 guys who gave the perfect info has to deal with a troll who is hell bent for sound to cause problems.

Ill still check and come here daily. If I cant find what I need, Go to google and at the end of you're question add exriders and you will get solid info if you know who's **** to sift through. But, At the end of the day, That broken watch is going to be correct twice! Its up to you to follow the good from bad and or the 'iffy' might work replies.

FB is full of dip****s just the same. I had a guy who wanted to ride with us and he talked a great game until we lined them up and his quad had 125cc on me, Next thing I know im lapping the poser and on stock 400 with 450r shocks and a slipping clutch. But that quad sure was built and had suspension to match, Just not enough power to lay to the ground.
No matter where you go, There will always be the guy 'who talks a good game' but cant produce! Only thing I can say, Is he did put his money where his mouth was and admitted at the end of the day, He was a far cry from my skill level and the 'bigger, better built quad' was nothing more than all show and no go!

Blodg
05-30-2014, 06:11 AM
450rtt, if you think FB is a better than these forums then you are absolutely crazy. I joined a few atv groups on FB and thought it might be cool and found out there was way more drama and BS on those pages! I have e since removed them all on FB because it was a complete waste of time trying to read through the BS. The only ones I still read on FB are the few groups I belong to for my riding areas. Now that is nice to plan rides and meet up with your buddies and even that has too much drama but the rest is worthless.

chronicsmoke
05-30-2014, 06:29 AM
I'm a member of a few FB groups but I unsubscribe from having any of their posts on my news feed.. nothing more annoying than checking online and seeing pages of POS quads and little 12 year olds arguing over the better exhaust.. I try to stay off facebook as much as possible especially the quad groups.. I've got my own shop with half a dozen projects at any given time that need that my attention way more than the internet does lol

I'm still a member so I can go and check for parts when I need though, they are good for that.

450rtt
05-30-2014, 06:42 AM
FB can suck a fart out of my butthole! I cant stand the 'social media' BS. Im much happier here, The org or just PM a member that knows the answer to the question(s) I have. I have always had good feed back from them and never a lie or 'it should work'.

The reason this section is dying is the fact a person will ask a question, 5 people respond, 4 with dead on info that can be double checked and in stone, The other will buck the odds about BS that really has no technical info in it except 'that's wrong', Or I did it 'this way' and works fine.
That's all good and fine, But to sit and bicker about 4 guys who gave the perfect info has to deal with a troll who is hell bent for sound to cause problems.

Ill still check and come here daily. If I cant find what I need, Go to google and at the end of you're question add exriders and you will get solid info if you know who's **** to sift through. But, At the end of the day, That broken watch is going to be correct twice! Its up to you to follow the good from bad and or the 'iffy' might work replies.

FB is full of dip****s just the same. I had a guy who wanted to ride with us and he talked a great game until we lined them up and his quad had 125cc on me, Next thing I know im lapping the poser and on stock 400 with 450r shocks and a slipping clutch. But that quad sure was built and had suspension to match, Just not enough power to lay to the ground.
No matter where you go, There will always be the guy 'who talks a good game' but cant produce! Only thing I can say, Is he did put his money where his mouth was and admitted at the end of the day, He was a far cry from my skill level and the 'bigger, better built quad' was nothing more than all show and no go!

this entire statement reminds me of several members on the fb groups who were banned. You're right there with them when you make statements like this about how much faster you are and sucking farts out of buttholes......you're better than that. I didn't say FB was better than these forums Blodg, i just said there's way more action and you can get responses and opinions much faster. Dont' take it from me, just go look at the groups and see how much more activity you have in the community. Group rides, part swapping, etc. Sure there's still the usual "what pipe is the loudes" and "what's a good spot for jetting", but you better believe they're more lively than this place. As i mentioned before this forum offers some great archive posts for searching but it's no secret it's a graveyard here and I'm just pointing out the reasons why.

ben300
05-30-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm still a member so I can go and check for parts when I need though, they are good for that.

Your right, thats about all they are good for.

Its just thread after thread after thread of "What oil should I run" , "Whats the best sounding exhaust?", "What does the green wire mod do?", "Who's the best out there to do revalves?", "I dont like snakes, skulls, jokers, dice, aces, or naked women. Who's the best cheap graphics maker out there?", "Can I run 87 in a 12.5:1 400?", "Who's the best engine builder?", "wheelie wednesday" (and they have no helmet on), "I paid $800 for this 400 (rust bucket with ripped seat and broken plastic), good deal?", "what noise is this, is this the tick everyone talks about?"............HEEEZOOOS FOOKAN CHRISTIE!

450rtt
05-30-2014, 08:51 AM
they are working on the helmets ben, lol.

ben300
05-30-2014, 08:55 AM
we're working on the helmets ben, lol. Put the rules in place but obviously still have people not reading them lol.

Woke up this morning and on the Pittsburgh news, just about half an hour from me, two teens, a 13 year old and a 16 year old, where riding their quad through the woods last night, hit a stump, hit some trees, no helmest, and now the 13 year old is dead and the they're hoping they can save the 16 year old.

blacknblue#2
05-30-2014, 09:22 AM
Generally you get a more mature crowd on the forums. Most kids wanna do everything from their Facebook page and are too lazy to take the time and sign up for the forums. Give it time and the Facebook groups may mature. I remember when this forum was full of "whats the loudest pipe for my 400ex" lol

KKiowaTJ
05-30-2014, 12:54 PM
this entire statement reminds me of several members on the fb groups who were banned. You're right there with them when you make statements like this about how much faster you are and sucking farts out of buttholes......you're better than that. I didn't say FB was better than these forums Blodg, i just said there's way more action and you can get responses and opinions much faster. Dont' take it from me, just go look at the groups and see how much more activity you have in the community. Group rides, part swapping, etc. Sure there's still the usual "what pipe is the loudes" and "what's a good spot for jetting", but you better believe they're more lively than this place. As i mentioned before this forum offers some great archive posts for searching but it's no secret it's a graveyard here and I'm just pointing out the reasons why.

They most likely got banned because they were like me, Tired of hearing 'how fast' little kids were and told them to nut up, And line up! When you get your *** handed to you, Then you will get the point not to run said mouth or it will get shut one way or another.
To me, Its all comical on FB and one big joke. Im from the era of if you want to talk a big game, You better know how to play it well. Some are doing it to joke, Some are actually serious and if close enough, I want to see what they got! If they are that good, Should be no problems, But usually internet 'tough guys' with the skills of a pro, So they say and mommy and daddys high dollar quad to try and back it up.
To each their own, Many places to get info. But ill sure take a forums advice over FB any day.

CJM
05-30-2014, 06:09 PM
here was a group of r 4-5 guys that had my account banned on this forum because they complained to wilkin so much. I never broke a single rule, wilkin banned me and is unable to reinstate my account so i'm waiting for the owner to get this done. Fact is, harlen doesn't have time he doesn't deal with this forum anymore at all he's got bigger things to do. Basically what you won't see on facebook is this little posse of dictators. They've all been banned from my group which now has over 10k members. Forums are a thing of the past and eventually these bullies will be nothings as they won't have their little world to rule side by side with the moderators.

I loved this site, was a member since 2010, got banned for this reason " a hundred people dont' like you". Pretty poor reason especially considering the fact that the same 4-5 people that don't like me have followed me around every forum out there and trolled me to no end. Take a look at y account 2001400exrida and see if you can find a single post where i crossed the line. You will see my threads getting trolled and ruined, that is all. You won't see these on facebook groups though because they can't play their games there and will immediately get called out and shut down, period.

will you stop rehashing the same thing over and over. You got banned cause of crap like this! go ahead and try and edit, I quoted you again..

400man
05-31-2014, 12:03 AM
I get on facebook for some things, but when I need advice or specific info, I can get it much easier and faster on a forum. I don't like on face book the way its setup where you gotta scroll though all kinds of random crap to find what you want.