PDA

View Full Version : 450r shock reservior difference?

400man
05-17-2014, 12:21 AM
I traded for some 450r front shocks off an 06 with a buddy, and on his bike the reservoir is toward the front of the bike (toward the front bumper). but on most 450r shocks ive always seen the reservoir on the back side (toward the motor). so my question is, did they change the design of the shocks on the 450r's? and could I just flip them around and put the reservoir on the back side? only down side I can think of is it would be a little harder to adjust the compression screw?

450rtt
05-17-2014, 06:03 AM
You can flip them around somebody has already done it if they're facing the front. THey come from the factory facing the back.

Stickman400
05-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Yea, it doesn't matter. You can put them either way, but I don't know why you would want the rezzy to the front where it will get hit with rocks and other things being kicked up from riders in front of you when you're trail riding.

400man
05-19-2014, 08:14 PM
haha, i guess i had a brain fart cause i couldnt figure out that you just swap sides with the shock lol. they need lower bearings in em, and im eventually gonna send em to JET suspension for a make-over when i get some extra money.