PDA

View Full Version : anyone know a lot about jp frames ? looking for info on rear suspension set up

jhtrx250r
05-10-2014, 10:28 PM
I recently bought a project jp box of parts not sure the exact set up or how to make it work?
The guy I got it from dident have too much info as he bought it as a project and never did anything with it.
its a 93 outlaw or at least thats wat it says on the shock tower.
the question I have is the guy told me its a no link, it has a pep no link style shock, but the swing arm is very odd it looks like it was built off center and requires some type of 1" spacer on one side (a spacer was not in the box of parts) so i am un sure exactly how to set it up the rear shock mount on the frame is higher and narrower than normal) so it looks like a no link,which is what I was told.
Any one with any info on these frames please let me know?
I also tried to put a stock swing arm in just to see what would happen and it wont fit, frame is about a 1/4 narrower in the swing arm mount area

ytman
05-11-2014, 04:42 AM
How about some pictures

jhtrx250r
05-11-2014, 10:29 PM
I'll try to get some its in my shop the motor mounts where also removed I'm currently trying to reattach them

deathman53
05-26-2014, 07:37 PM
when JP was new, they were either a stock link or no-link. it was a matter of what swingarm and shock you used. When JP became lonestar, the first few years were the same. Now you ask, we are talking about 20+ years later and 2 people that you know of that it was a project quad. A welder, grinder and steel can change alot of things. Best thing to do is call lonestar and ask for someone who is familar with the early year/JP frames.