PDA

View Full Version : Trx90 with yz85 questions

Shawn3
05-10-2014, 02:29 PM
I hope im posting in the right place. Im looking to see if anybody has ever put
A yz85 motor into a trx90. If so im looking for any pictures i can get. More interested in
Motor mounts and the placement of the engine. Also any other modifications you might have
Had to do. I imagine its very similar to the cr85 set up. Ive looked around and cant seem to find
Anything regarding my swap. Maybe im searching wrong. Thanks in advance for any help i can get, or
Even pointed in the right direction.

quadinfamily
05-12-2014, 07:07 AM
there a guy that 125 cc in a 90 honda in the mini section . It toke me about 6 months to put yz 125 in my son dinli.
Its not hard just takes time ..

Shawn3
05-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Ya im trying to figure the whole exhaust equation out still. Ordered the yfz450 radiator but mounting
That thing in the trx90 doesn't leave much room for the exhaust. Do you have any pics?

jasonwest
06-29-2014, 11:32 PM
Ya im trying to figure the whole exhaust equation out still. Ordered the yfz450 radiator but mounting
That thing in the trx90 doesn't leave much room for the exhaust. Do you have any pics?

Hey Shawn,

I have the trx90 with a kx125 bored to 134. Email me and I can send you pics of the bike. Jasonkwest@yahoo.com

Jason

maint126
12-08-2014, 02:22 PM
I hope im posting in the right place. Im looking to see if anybody has ever put
A yz85 motor into a trx90. If so im looking for any pictures i can get. More interested in
Motor mounts and the placement of the engine. Also any other modifications you might have
Had to do. I imagine its very similar to the cr85 set up. Ive looked around and cant seem to find
Anything regarding my swap. Maybe im searching wrong. Thanks in advance for any help i can get, or
Even pointed in the right direction.

Just wondering if you made progress on this build. Looking for some better pics of engine mounting and exhaust. Seems to be a great idea for a build but yet a world of secrets when looking for examples.

oscarmayer
01-16-2015, 03:37 PM
the exhaust does not bolt up, you will have to find a 2-stroke custom shop near you to take the compelted ATV minus the pipe and let them get the pipe modified to fit. we are running a raptor 125 with the YZ85 and have the same issues.