PDA

View Full Version : TRX450R Hard to kick

jigg14
05-05-2014, 10:21 AM
I just converted an 07 ER to a kicker. This is the 3rd conversion I've done and all the others worked flawlessly. I can't seem to get the kicker to go down very easily, but once it gets past the "breaking point" it turns over easily. I've double checked and even triple checked my valve clearance and decompressioner and they're all dead on. I can get it started once the lever finally goes down. I weigh about 200 pounds and I have to jump on it just to get it to go. Like I said this is my 3rd conversion and I've never had this issue.

DnB_racing
05-06-2014, 07:26 PM
take the plug out and check to see if its smooth..

do you have heavy duty valve springs, or bent valves??? I would be looking at the head,

what did you set your compression to?

jigg14
05-07-2014, 05:36 AM
take the plug out and check to see if its smooth..

do you have heavy duty valve springs, or bent valves??? I would be looking at the head,

what did you set your compression to?
Pretty sure I figured it out. I bought a compression tester and found my compression was too high. I adjusted it and its way easier to turn over.

DnB_racing
05-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Pretty sure I figured it out. I bought a compression tester and found my compression was too high. I adjusted it and its way easier to turn over.in your first post you said you had the decompression dead on...

but on kick conversion you don't use the stock clearance number,
ive found a good starting compression is around 75-80 psi and set the decompression setting to compression, not clearance,
then take a measurement for future maintenance and make a note or you will forget were you had it