PDA

View Full Version : group ride in virginia

dirtclog
12-14-2001, 06:40 PM
I see a lot of guys trying to set up group rides in other states...how about here in Virginia. We could go to george washington or Jefferson N.F.

3punksdad...I saw you offered to play host out your way on another post (really, I'm not trying to put you in a spot)...we could also make it in stafford...

post the dates good for you...

Any date is good for me after Christmas through the spring.

If you have a better spot let us know!

Dirtclog
Bumpass, Va

4punksdad
12-14-2001, 07:17 PM
I could host at my place.........or we could all meet in stafford. whatever works for you. I could do it any weekend with a little advanced notice. how about a new years eve ride at my place????? that would be cool.

dirtclog
12-14-2001, 07:33 PM
New years eve is on a Monday and I gotta work..but I have New years day off....we can have the 1st annual "hangover come-on over"...

If that doesn't work we could shoot for a saturday...most can go then.

dirtclog.

wyndzer
12-14-2001, 07:37 PM
Make it in Southern VA and I'll drive up from NC.

4punksdad
12-15-2001, 05:31 AM
saturday works for me.
wyndzer, how far down into carolina do you live?

12-16-2001, 06:44 PM
stafford would be good for me, not sure on a date, disreguard the member name, i got a SP 500 with mods.

wyndzer
12-16-2001, 06:50 PM
3punks I live just off of I-95 about an hour and fifteen minutes from Virginia line. I think Stafford is about 3-4 hours from me?
How great a place is this to ride? New Years day? I'll be in Florida until the 30th. Yes I'm taking the 400 to ride with HH400ex.

4punksdad
12-16-2001, 07:17 PM
stafford is a cool place to ride.........but if you ask me, it aint worth no 4hr drive! :o

I guess I am partial since I have tons of trails in my back yard. here is a pic of one place on the trails in stafford we stop & hang out. the nice part is, the riding spot is right at the bottom of the I-95 exit ramp.

dirtclog
12-16-2001, 07:56 PM
3 punks,

Have we come to the consensus this ride is going to be at stafford? That sounds good to me if it is. Are we going to try this for early spring or are we thinking early Jan?...If early spring people who come from down south could camp around my pond at back of my property...that would be about 1hr from stafford and near richmond enough that not really that far out of the way for those who need head back south home.

dirtclog

stafford sounds good..let's pick a date to shoot for

...i prefer a saturday...not saturday January 19th (wife's b-day)

any other...even in the spring.

4punksdad
12-17-2001, 03:13 AM
dirtclog,
stafford sounds cool to me...........you name the date. I'll gather the local riders up & bring them along.

WISHERTDF
12-17-2001, 07:07 AM
I LIVE IN QUANTICO AND I'VE HEARD ALOT ABOUT THE TRAILS IN STAFFORD, I NEED SOME REAR TIRES BEFORE I GO OUT ON MINE AGAIN. WENT TO FREDERICKSBURG THIS PAST WEEKEND AND HAD A BLAST.

2000 400EX WITH WHITE BROTHERS PIPE, K@N FILTER, WAITING ON JETS TO GET HERE

yellow_ho_01
12-17-2001, 08:40 AM
hey, the best time for me to ride would be around the begining of feb. i would be able to get 4+ other quads/bikes to go (besides you wishertdf) though of another place to ride, but would have to "ok" it with someone. i keep you posted. (its alot better then stafford)

dirtclog
12-17-2001, 05:02 PM
If you got a place better than stafford let us know..we'll keep the date open right now then to see if the place you have to ask about is possibly available...so far we have "early feb" as ok...most of my friends are concerned about the weather and think we should push it til early spring. As long as it isn't bitter cold and rain though i think they'll go....snow would be real cool...but kinda hard to predict ya think? I've got probably 6 or so coming...all quads..

remember some of these quads are sport quads so don't pick a spot with just rock crawling and mud bogs

4punksdad
12-17-2001, 05:41 PM
good to see a few more virginia guys.......I heard from a rider at stafford that you can ride trails from Q-town to stafford. I used to live in quantico but was not aware of a trail that linked the 2 places.

where is your better spot to ride?
we can always ride here if all else fails.

any date can work for me.

96300ex
12-17-2001, 08:02 PM
That would be cool if we could do it in may, that way i would have my liscense and me and my stepbro would be happy to drive down. He's got a piped blaster and swears up and down he can keep up with a 400. One of you guys could put him in his place;) He's not one of them yamaha guys who hates honda's, in fact he told me yesterday he wished he had bought an R.

Well, I'm rambling. If its after april 23rd I am there! Vrooooom.....

yellow_ho_01
12-17-2001, 08:12 PM
sure, there are trails all over base, just dont get caught riding on them!! they are running and biking/horse trails. there are tank/5-ton trails on the back side that i have riden on though, lot of mud.

4punksdad
12-18-2001, 05:29 PM
when I was a kid we used to ride out at brekenridge. ever ride behind the 7-11 on 234?

yellow_ho_01
12-18-2001, 06:16 PM
i dont know about the 7-11, but i have been behind the waffle house on 234, with trucks. ive heard from many people to keep quads away from 234. people still go out to breckinridge but i think mostly for fishing, there are some really mean holes on the tank trails though, let me find a pic.

yellow_ho_01
12-18-2001, 06:18 PM
wrong one went first, the first pic was the first try, comeing out, this pic is the second try going in.

4punksdad
12-18-2001, 06:59 PM
yeah...waffle house on 234.........same trails. you can go under 95 a few times on a quad. truck trails are ok. we used to ride from graham park road in dumfries, all the way to cherry hill road via those trails. everyone used to say cops patrolled there on bikes (10+ years ago) but I never saw one. Those trails used to take you all the way to the K-mart in dale city too. I haven't been back in there in years. many folks left trash behind.:(

hey........if you like water, I have a boat for sale :o
click my web page link to see a pic of it.

12-19-2001, 11:32 AM
I live on the eastern shore of Maryland and work in Falls Church, VA so the trip wouldn't be a problem at all. I would love to get together for some trail riding. I mostly ride near my house but frequently ride the trails near Surrattsville, MD. Something new in VA sounds great!

4punksdad
12-19-2001, 04:15 PM
sounds like we are getting a large enough gang to make this worth it. so when are we planning it?

dirtclog
12-19-2001, 05:06 PM
well most my buddies are worried it will be cold through the winter months but I'm sure that they will come no matter what the date is. I'm still avail to go any time after January 1st.

maybe a pre-ride ride next few weeks then the real ride in early spring.

anyways you guys tell me...my wife may come also and my buddies wife to..they both keep up real good
(just wanted to let you guys know in case you were wondering about bringing yours.

dirtclog

3punks, I decided to keep those turf tamers and rims...i guess i figure i never know when i'll need'em.

12-19-2001, 05:46 PM
Com'on, wear some long johns and a few sweatshirts! The last few days have been cool here but that hasn't stopped me! I'm all over it!! Name the date and I'm there (Pending the wife's approval, that is). The cold can't stop me but she can ;)

yellow_ho_01
12-19-2001, 07:28 PM
i will be going home(Maine) around jan 15-29. so count me out for that. after i get back i will still some time to get my quad togather, i need to order a bunch of stuff for it. so im looking about half way into feb would be best, or later.
about the riding spot, if its going to be right around here, it will have to be either stafford, or masaponax( i've never been to masaponax though) the other ride spot wont work, its all private land.
if you look in my sig, you see 2 links to my albums, almost all the pics are in stafford, the only ones that are not, are labeled "Maine"

dirtclog
12-19-2001, 07:43 PM
well i'll be willing to wait til you get back and give you a little time to get whatever you need for your quad to ride (towel maybe??)...how about the second weekend in feb??

SATURDAY FEB 9TH....

everybody put your ok or if you can't let us know now so we can work around...

I got 3 others beside me here who say they are coming for sure.

4punksdad
12-20-2001, 03:59 AM
saturday feb 9th sounds good to me..........unless it is snowing (I have snow removal contracts).

I swear he should buy my boat!

WISHERTDF
12-20-2001, 05:17 AM
Saturday Feb. 9th sounds good to me also, it doesn't matter what the wife says or how cold it is. That why they make clothes to keep you warm.

2000 400ex
white bros pipe
k&n air filter

12-20-2001, 08:59 AM
Feb. 9th sounds great. Once again, the cold isn't an issue. I'll just layer some more sweat shirts. :D

yellow_ho_01
12-20-2001, 10:34 AM
the 9th should work, but it all depend on when i get my "rapid-refund"

dirtclog
12-20-2001, 07:25 PM
Saturday FEB 9th....what time?? I'd think around 10:00 am...

WISHERTDF
12-21-2001, 05:13 AM
SOUNDS GOOD MY HANGOVER SHOULD BE GONE BY THEN. MY BIRTHDAY IS ON THE 7

12-21-2001, 07:52 PM
Maybe we could wait till April 25th or later so my friend who has a bad little CR 125 and doesn't mind ridin with a few quads could drive us. My friend has been to stafford before and he said it really wasnt worth the drive but it was something different, but he hears there is an even better place about 5miles south of stafford...anyone heard about that? And just a heads up: he says the cops got 3 different people for riding on the median(a little tunnel) on I-95 while he was there.

--------
Yellow 400EX
K & N, CT Racing Exhaust, and a Shot rear axle.:devil

dirtclog
12-21-2001, 08:10 PM
No...we're still going on Feb 9th...we got a pretty good group so far...

But, we'll certainly be going in the spring all over the place...look for us then.

GROUP RIDE SATURDAY FEB 9TH MEET 10 A.M. STAFFORD, VA

12-22-2001, 07:59 AM
I may be able to make it Feb. 9 if I am in town. I would probably be with just one other quad because the other people I ride with are going to be in Calfornia. Has some of Stafford been developed or was that just a rumor?

mitty_ex
12-23-2001, 02:33 PM
dirtclog
Saturday Feb 9th, sounds great! Will make a weekend out of it. Looking forward to meeting everyone else from the list. Se you guys in Feb.

mitty_ex
12-23-2001, 02:38 PM
Dirtclog also look for pa riders??? thread and look for EXtremes post about his memorial day run. He has a link to his site and pics of Sproul. It looks awesome. We should definitely try to make that.

dirtclog
12-23-2001, 05:56 PM
I'll try and make that ride in PA too.........Don't know if lily would want to make it or not...(j-man and all) but we'll see. You plan on staying here if you come down for this ride feb 9th?

If so Greg is coming and
a guy from work Fred (raptor) and he has another guy from Maryland with a ds650.
Dwayne not sure (to cold...you know he has no body fat for heat.)
possibly couple other people...

4punksdad
12-24-2001, 07:25 AM
so far I have 2 confirmed riders coming with me. I suspect I will have in excess of 6 guys with me.

I was thinking about our meeting. we should have some sort of sign it sheet when we meet. then when we finish our ride we can count heads to make sure we have not left anyone behind. if everyone brings a 1/2 dozen riders, we could be in excess of 20 riders & chances are we will be pretty spread out. any input on this idea?

mitty_ex
12-24-2001, 03:19 PM
That woudn't be a bad idea being that there will be alot of Hondas there and I'm sure it will be easy to get mixed up with riders and spread out. Especially since I won't have a clue where I'm at. I wouldn't want to get left for dead.:D

dirtclog
12-27-2001, 05:19 PM
bump

just want to keep this up to date...

4punksdad
12-27-2001, 05:43 PM
ride at my place this weekend.
riders confirmed to attend so far
250r
raptor or grizz (he hasn't decided)
warrior
400ex or 2
450es
400AC
suzuki quadmaster

anyone else want to join us?

sunday before noon. e-mail if you want directions. riders MUST wear helmets, but can act as stupid as they like.

dirtclog
12-27-2001, 06:36 PM
unfortunately can't make it up to front royal this weekend.

If i get to go riding this weekend I'm supposed to check out a riding spot my buddy just found out about in richmond. he said lots of trail and some hill climbs, but not a lot of jumps.

I'll see you on feb 9th though for sure.

(group ride stafford on feb 9th. 10:00)

4punksdad
12-31-2001, 09:31 AM
we had a great time yesterday.
here is what showed up..........
2 400ex's
grizzley 660
quadmaster300
AC 400
450ES

wyndzer
12-31-2001, 09:44 AM
Give me those directions for the 9th, I may come if I get my new motor in by then.

4punksdad
01-01-2002, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by wyndzer
Give me those directions for the 9th, I may come if I get my new motor in by then.

take I-95 north to Stafford, VA route 630.
at the bottom of the ramp go left towards the BP gas station. Just past the BP there is a gravel lot on the right..........park there.

dirtclog
01-04-2002, 08:12 PM
bump.

GROUP RIDE:

SATURDAY FEB. 9TH 10:00

STAFFORD, VIRGINIA

WISHERTDF
01-07-2002, 07:22 AM
I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE CLASSIFIEDS BUT DOES ANYONE NO WHERE I CAN GET A USED STOCK 2000 400EX REAR WHEEL, I BENT ONE THIS WEEKEND, AND I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL FEB. 9TH ( IF I CAN GET A NEW WHEEL) I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HOOK IT UP

4punksdad
01-07-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by WISHERTDF
I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE CLASSIFIEDS BUT DOES ANYONE NO WHERE I CAN GET A USED STOCK 2000 400EX REAR WHEEL, I BENT ONE THIS WEEKEND, AND I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL FEB. 9TH ( IF I CAN GET A NEW WHEEL) I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HOOK IT UP

I thought there was one for sale in the classifieds section of this board............also try that motorcycle junk yard on the road across from Lindsay Chevrolet in woodbridge.

Tribe
01-19-2002, 06:21 AM
You can count me in. I was out there on New Years Day. That place is awesome.

4punksdad
01-20-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Tribe
You can count me in.

welcome aboard..........do you have any good spots to ride in manassas?

BIG ORANGE
01-20-2002, 07:51 PM
Howdy!! :)

What kind of riding is at Stafford?? Trails, Pit, Hillclimbs, or ALL deep water x-ings and mud?

Is it "legal?"

Just Curious

Stafford is @ 2 1/2 hrs for me, may need to get rid of some of this "cabin-fever" and come over.

dirtclog
01-21-2002, 06:34 PM
the place is pretty much an "all around" ride...trails,hills,mud, culverts,just good ol fun...I heard about it from 3punks and have really enjoyed it as a new riding spot. haven't been up there for a little while...but should still be ok to run there...maybe we should do a spot check prior to Feb 9th?

CranMan
01-22-2002, 12:22 PM
Count me in too. For anyone whose been there before, which rear wheels should I bring? My 22x11x9 dirt devils or my set of stock ohtsu's?

4punksdad
01-22-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by CranMan
Count me in too. For anyone whose been there before, which rear wheels should I bring? My 22x11x9 dirt devils or my set of stock ohtsu's?

stock tires work fine.........but if you want to play in the mud, bring the big tires. there is plenty of mud to play in if you so choose.

wyndzer
01-22-2002, 04:16 PM
Me and Cranman are going to come, hope I don't have to ride in the mud!!!! I hate mud. Could I get a cell number from someone that will be there. Hope I don't get lost, but you never know. My email is jamiesmith@rid-a-pest.com I don't know what time we will get there, so if you don't see us when you get ready to ride keep checking back at the parking area.

dirtclog
01-22-2002, 05:49 PM
THERE IS A POST ON ATVCONNECTION ABOUT THIS RIDE. THE POST STATES THAT THE COPS WERE RUNNING EVERYONE OUT LAST SUNDAY FROM THE RIDING AREA.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm?catid=27&threadid=292602

ANY NEW IDEAS???

PASS THE WORD AND LET'S FIND ANOTHER PLACE!!

:mad:

wyndzer
01-22-2002, 06:58 PM
That sucks, I was looking forward to the three hour drive up there! JK! Southern VA somewhere would be good? I couldn't tell you where though.

4punksdad
01-23-2002, 03:17 AM
well.........we could ride at my place, but thats in NORTHERN va.

maybe one of the quantico guys could do a drive by at stafford for us? check the parking area for posted signs.

I heard that the construction site portion of the trails had been closed off. not the whole place.

BIG ORANGE
01-24-2002, 08:45 PM
Have ya seen the weather forecast for this weekend?? Great riding weather...50 - 60 degrees.

Any more updates on 2/9 weekend?

mitty_ex
01-25-2002, 04:43 AM
It would be nice if someone close to Stafford could confirm or deny the reports. I am coming down from Pittsburgh no matter what. Would be cool to meet everyone else from the list besides dirtclog.

WISHERTDF
01-25-2002, 05:09 AM
I live in Quantico but have never ridden is Stafford, so I don't even know where to start looking. If someone knows has the exact directions I could go check it out in the morning..

wyndzer
01-25-2002, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad

take I-95 north to Stafford, VA route 630.
at the bottom of the ramp go left towards the BP gas station. Just past the BP there is a gravel lot on the right..........park there.

This is what 3(4)punks posted earlier as far as directions.

WISHERTDF
01-25-2002, 06:17 AM
I will try to go by there about 1000 in the morning and and check it out. I will post a message on here either tomorrow evening or Sunday.

wyndzer
01-27-2002, 04:20 PM
So what's up Wisher?

yellow_ho_01
01-28-2002, 11:25 AM
hey, i dont know what happened..... i went to Maine for 15 days, i get back and everything is closed. I can confirm that the 2 main parking areas are loaded with signs(areas avbove and below the BP gas station. ) i would guess that the whole riding area is closed, since most of the trails go to or near the construction area, and alot of trail are between N + S lanes of I95, i know a couple other places to park, but most of the trails are 4x4 stuff, lots of mud!!!
i will not be going riding until i get my quad fixed, still triing to get the tranny apart.

i know of a couple more areas, but one is just private prop., the others are #1 massaponax, #2 dalecity area, ive never been to either of them.

WISHERTDF
01-28-2002, 01:19 PM
i went saturday and like he said everything was marked off. does anyone else know of anywhere close to ride at. i just bought my quad and only ridden once. so if anyone knows of anything please let me know.

4punksdad
01-28-2002, 04:52 PM
we used to ride on the trails behind the 7-11 near the intersection of 234 & route 1. the old 7-11 is now a dry cleaner I think. they built a new one right down the street.

we also used to ride behind the blue beacon truck wash on route 17 at the falmouth exit.

rumor has it that the cops were sitting in the parking lot at stafford this past weekend. they were telling riders to leave & not come back unless they wanted a ticket & a tow bill.

also, the riding area behind geico in fredericksburg is no longer a good place to ride. one of my buddies got a trespassing ticket there not long ago.

and the cops chased me again this past weekend at my place............didn't do em any good, but they get an "A+" in the effort department. :)

BIG ORANGE
01-28-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad

and the cops chased me again this past weekend at my place............didn't do em any good, but they get an "A+" in the effort department. :)

How do they "chase" you at your house?? Do they sit on the street and shoot radar at ya?? :D

4punksdad
01-29-2002, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by BIG ORANGE

How do they "chase" you at your house?? Do they sit on the street and shoot radar at ya?? :D

they didn't chase me at my house...........I said at my "place". meaning, where I ride, which just happens to be near "my house" which is where I live. are you confused yet?
they spotted 4 of us crossing the road & the chase was on. I am sick of it really. CROSSING THE ROAD IS NOT ILLEGAL IN VA.

BIG ORANGE
02-01-2002, 07:18 AM
Anymore ideas on a February 9th/10th ride in VA??

WISHERTDF
02-01-2002, 09:48 AM
not that i am aware of, but i hope someone comes up with something.

Tribe
02-04-2002, 01:22 PM
So are we gonna go riding somewhere this weekend?

4punksdad
02-05-2002, 05:13 AM
since the stafford thing fell through I guess not. I have made other plans myself.
you fellas are welcome to come to my place & ride, but this weekend I am busy

yellow_ho_01
02-06-2002, 10:37 AM
well, thing are looking better for me this weekend, i will have all my parts tonight, and should have it done by tomorrow night, my only problem is that i am still waiting on my clutch to get here from maine. the dealer is waiting for polaris to credit their account before they ship it out. but if i get it by this weekend, i will probly be at masaponax riding all saturday.

yellow_ho_01
02-11-2002, 07:36 AM
well, as i said, i did go riding saturday at masaponax, there were like 30 or so vehicles there, so quite a few people. i am going to be going again this coming weekend, just seeing if anyone will be there. This weekend was fun, the best part was have a guy use my camcorder and record me pulling out 2 stuck polaris 700's.

dirtclog
02-11-2002, 07:55 AM
rode this weekend also...couple buddies came into town...

only mishap was my one friend rear-ened my brother in law and bent the tie rods and tie rod ends on my wife's bayou (I let him borrow it)...

Is the massaponax spot the one behind the bus garage? Is there a lot of trails? I rode there briefly 2 years ago or so and there were no trespassing signs up..is it ok now? Is it ok for sport quads...I don't mind mud but don't like to push all day.

Let's start a new thread and try and re-organize and find a spot to meet up. I ran into a guy in Richmond riding couple weeks ago who said he used the forum but I can't remember his name...

Who's got a spot that can accomodate all these riders?

02-11-2002, 08:46 AM
:grr damn cops :grr

That stinks, I am reading this post thinking hey sounds good these guys puttin together a great ride and only few hours from me and was even thinking hey maybe catch up with them on the next one.

But no you have the whole thing screwed up by the law what a waste. I was not even going and am pissed for you guys.

I thought this was a jersey problem, you know being so over populated etc. it stinks you cant even have good safe spots in VA either.

maybe we all need to get a cop into our group or at least the sport, they tend to take it easy on their own.

sorry to rant but was just a sad ending to a great story.

4punksdad
02-11-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
:grr damn cops :grr

That stinks, I am reading this post thinking hey sounds good these guys puttin together a great ride and only few hours from me and was even thinking hey maybe catch up with them on the next one.

But no you have the whole thing screwed up by the law what a waste. I was not even going and am pissed for you guys.

I thought this was a jersey problem, you know being so over populated etc. it stinks you cant even have good safe spots in VA either.

maybe we all need to get a cop into our group or at least the sport, they tend to take it easy on their own.

sorry to rant but was just a sad ending to a great story.

in this particular case it is not the fault of the riders or the cops. the cops have actually been turning their heads on this riding area for quite a few years. It is only about 1 mile from the county courthouse & copshop. All good things must come to an end..........
I am sure the residents of the new subdivision (being built all around the riding area) are playing a key role in our misfortune.
no big deal...........but I have considered going there to "trick-or-treat" next year :)

yellow_ho_01
02-12-2002, 07:49 AM
good news about masaponax, i did not see any no trespassing signs. and even better, a cop showed uop while we were at the trucks, all he said was to stay off the paved road. they dont care if anyone rides there. anyone gonna beable to come this weekend????

02-12-2002, 08:48 AM
OOOPS

:grr DAMN DEVELOPERS:grr

JK

But 4punks I think you know what I was getting into

thanks

PS. y your 400 allways look so clean LOL

4punksdad
02-12-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
OOOPS

:grr DAMN DEVELOPERS:grr

JK

But 4punks I think you know what I was getting into

thanks

PS. y your 400 allways look so clean LOL

actually..........it aint the developers fault either. its the folks who like to populate subdivisions who are to blame. no offense to anyone, but I can't bring myself to pay way too much for a house that has a beautiful view of my neighbors houses. I have lived in a subdivision before, and the only thing worse is a townhouse or apartment. I would rather live in a trailer park!
so you have your perfect new house, in your perfect new subdivision, with a bunch of perfect new neighbors. what is there to complain about? BLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA............there goes some quad rider with a WAY too loud thumper on the nearby sewer easement. see where this is going?

PS...is this better?

kaneman23
02-22-2002, 06:09 AM
I live across the street from the 234 trails and have been riding them for the past 3 years. I have never seen any cops or been chased out of there either. From what I understand the land is private property and the cops can't do sh**. The reason they are back there is because of illegal activity. Seems people like to steal cars and take them back there and strip em and blow them up. If anyone is interested I plan to ride this Sunday with my broinlaw. We both have 400's.. Later,
Justin
kaneman23@aol.com

Tribe
02-22-2002, 07:18 AM
Where are these 234 trails?

4punksdad
02-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Tribe
Where are these 234 trails?

behind the old 7-11 on 234 in dumfries. the old 7-11 is now a dry cleaners I think. you will see a narrow dirt road behind the old 7-11. you can enter there..........don't drive your truck in there. no place to turn around before the first steep climb :)

kaneman23
02-22-2002, 09:35 PM
That steep hill climb is gone. Have you been there recently? Developers are tearing the s*** out of that place. I am afraid that in a few years there isn't going to be anything left. There is still plenty of good trails and I seem to find a new one everytime I go.... It has definately changed in the last 3 years I have been going there. That steep hill climb was a lot of fun near the 7-11 entrance. I can't count how many times I have taken my Tacoma up that thing. I don't think I could've done it without a locker though. I am a member TTORA, Tacoma Territory Off Roaders Association and we had a VA Chapter run back there last weekend. Tons of quads and dirtbikes back there. www.tacomaterritory.com

Later,
Justin

4punksdad
02-22-2002, 09:50 PM
I haven't ridden there in years............but I do drive by quite often.

Richmond4x4
02-23-2002, 07:27 PM
im going riding at the powerlines. lata

dirtclog
02-23-2002, 08:36 PM
What powerlines?

I'm riding Forest Hill behind Ukrops tomorrow afternoon.
(richmond)

Richmond4x4
02-24-2002, 07:45 AM
those arent as good. im riding the ones that have tons of people at them. they are on charter colony parkway. email me iof u want to go