PDA

View Full Version : 2000 400EX Air/Battery Box

Bandit17
04-22-2014, 01:14 PM
I am looking at relocating my battery to a combination box under the seat.
First off, are there any known reasons to not use a air/battery combination box? Are there any places to find them under $100.
:confused::confused:

Matt150
04-22-2014, 05:20 PM
I did it to my 01 when I raced it. I built it with aluminum and extended to the rear of the seat latch. I welded two alum. rods to a plate and put them in the place of the plastic guides on either side of the original latch. they were long enough to extend down through the rubber grommets to put pins in to hold them. Kinda like a fiberglass hood on a drag car. I cut slots in the rear of the box to install the pins and used zip tyes cinched up on the loops for something to pull on when I wanted to remove them

Bandit17
04-23-2014, 10:51 AM
I did it to my 01 when I raced it. I built it with aluminum and extended to the rear of the seat latch. I welded two alum. rods to a plate and put them in the place of the plastic guides on either side of the original latch. they were long enough to extend down through the rubber grommets to put pins in to hold them. Kinda like a fiberglass hood on a drag car. I cut slots in the rear of the box to install the pins and used zip tyes cinched up on the loops for something to pull on when I wanted to remove them

Thanks Matt! Any chance you would be able to post a picture or two of it?

Matt150
04-23-2014, 11:42 AM
I will try, a friend texted me some pics of it when he found it behind some shop in Madison all these years later.