PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with HMF?

Dex
03-22-2003, 05:00 AM
http://www.hmfengineering.com/honda400expg.html

When you look at the 2 charts for Slip on and Full system it seems that there is no difference between the full system and the slip on in torque or HP. Is their Slip on over rated or Full system underated I cant understand WTF? How can the $200 more full system have no gains over the slip on?

In the shoot out they sounded to me like a pretty good woods or XC pipe but this has confused me. ANyone have the slip on or FUll system can anyone compare the 2 or can anyone compare the HMF system or slip to another aftermarket pipe or to stock pipe?

Colby@C&DRacing
03-22-2003, 05:26 AM
Yes this is pretty true on a stock motor the slipon and the full system are pretty close. But if you put the full system on a motor that has mods like a high comp piston, cam, carb you will see a difference between the two. the Head pipe on the hmf full system is large and needs more motor to preform really well:D

Bunkerking217
03-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Look at the headpipe on the HMF and then look at the stock headpipe. Where the 2 headers come together is further back on the stocker, which is better because its not all pushed together so quick. The HMF's header might have a bigger diameter, which is better, but you can grind out the stock one and make it one of the best header pipes you can get for nothing. I'd suggest the slip-on with a grinded out stock head pipe. I did this on my WB and it made a big difference.

I'm also thinking about modding my stock headpipe by cutting it off right where they come together and keep it separate all the way to the silencer.

Also, when you do a pipe mod, try to do an air-box mod like nacs snorkel removal with an outerwears air box cover. My 2 cents....

amishtaker
03-23-2003, 02:31 AM
hmf sucks, their website and catalog say they have a pipe for 92-97 250 ex. they didn't even come out with the 250 ex till 2001! what dummies!